• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WHITEBULL
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2013

Nosler E-Tip

Anyone had a chance to try the Nosler E-Tip 120 Gr? Its quite a bit longer than the Nosler ballistic tip. I picked up a box and have worked up some loads with CFE 223.
    If the weather permits, will see how they shoot in the next couple of days.
    Always looking to see what all copper bullet options work. (Ca hunting regs!)
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Cant go wrong with Barnes 100gr or 120gr ttsx or tsx 30 gr 8208xbr for the 100gr bullets &28.5 gr for the 120 all copper so California compliant sorry you are behind enemy lines amax is a super bullet too, but cant hunt in California with them

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

There's a lot of load data available for the 100 and 120 Barnes offerings, and several folks are working on the 120 GMX and Etips for just the reason you posted.

CA law doesn't take effect for a couple years, so we have some time to work up loads.

CFE223 is a good choice. Work your way up to about 29.0g, maybe more depending on your chamber. What's your COAL with the Etip?

Comment

• WHITEBULL
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
        There's a lot of load data available for the 100 and 120 Barnes offerings, and several folks are working on the 120 GMX and Etips for just the reason you posted.

CA law doesn't take effect for a couple years, so we have some time to work up loads.

CFE223 is a good choice. Work your way up to about 29.0g, maybe more depending on your chamber. What's your COAL with the Etip?

Using CCI 450, 29.0g - 30.5g CFE223. COAL is 2.245 Not much data available with the ETip. Will be able to try these out this weekend. Not even sure this COAL will be in the ball park for these, but I guess that's what loading your own is all about. Searching for that magic load.........

Comment

• Cali-Coon-ass
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2015

Did you ever get those E-Tips to shoot tight groups?

I tried working up some loads after I finally was able to get some of these after waiting for 18 months! I bought all I could get because I feared there would be a lot of them spent on research finding that one perfect load. So far, 3 inch groups at 100 yards is NOT working for me! I haven't tried CFE223 yet. I was hoping you found some magical info there. COL? I have tried the ladder method to no avail, but only with IMR XBR. Not happy. That powder shoots so well with AMAX and SMKs.
          Thx

Comment

Working...
          X