X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Great looking rifle, bet she shoots as good or better than she looks.

Comment

• jiml
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2015

Nice

Nice rifle. You sleep with it last night?

Comment

• Roe
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jiml View Post
        Nice rifle. You sleep with it last night?
        No, my neighbourhood is not that hostile. It's in the safe, but I have visited... often. We talk about deer to shoot, targets to hit - the usual guy banter...

Working on a video right now...

Comment

• Roe
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Here's the first video. Now need to settle on a load, verify the longrange trajectory and go hunting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Dude, that is awesome. You are very mild pressure-wise with that load. 769.5 m/s = 2524fps

You will be able to get at least 2650 if not 2670fps and still not be near higher pressures. Just watching that from a bolt gun set up the way yours is makes me want the ones I have planned even more. Notice how there is almost no recoil and you can watch your hits without much effort?

It's a shooter too.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Very, very, VERY nice Roe! I love that rifle. I like your bipod setup too.

Originally posted by Roe View Post
              No, my neighbourhood is not that hostile. It's in the safe, but I have visited... often. We talk about deer to shoot, targets to hit - the usual guy banter...

Working on a video right now...
              You guys crack me up.LOL

Excellent video as usual too. Good stuff.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

fantastic video. feel like i've just had a great shooting session. beautiful countryside, too.

Comment

• Roe
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Notice how there is almost no recoil and you can watch your hits without much effort?
                  That was one of the most important lessons I learned with my old 6mm-223 rifle: Little recoil offers good shooting and a lot more observation from deer shot. It was quite often I could see the flick of fur where the bullet struck. This was one of the main motivations for building the Grendel, very little recoil but still a lot more power than the 223 case cartridge variants.

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                  I like your bipod setup too.
                  The bipod is made by norwegian RPS (Rifle Precision System) after the Sako TRG principle with barrel hanging below the hinge point. Great for shooting heavier rifles, but with the Grendel the feet scrapes the silencer. The silencer is made of carbon, so I think I'll put on my Atlas on this rifle. I would have liked to put on the new Neopod from Steinert Sensing (weighs about the same as 3-4 cartridges!), but I didn't get my hands on the correct bipod pin in time for the build.

You can see the RPS bipod here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhSxaZUZrng
                  You can see the Neopod bipod here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iueej_n1CI

Originally posted by jawbone View Post
                  beautiful countryside, too.
                  Thanks. It is however one of the few benefits of my location...

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

Those are some nice bipods.
                    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Roe
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Yes. I'm really looking forward to the Neopod adapter.

Here's another film for the Grendel rifle. It is just silly accurate.

Something is off on the trajectory calculations, the V0 is definitively not 680 msec - just a weakness in how the AB deals with ballistic truing?

Comment

• lrgrendel
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2013

Fantastic videos! Great job. Country side almost reminds me of my home country of Ireland with all that sea weed! Think your Winter's are a bit milder though!

I can only hope when the Howa is released in 6.5 Grendel, that it shoots half as well as yours.

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

That's some nice shooting!
                          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

You were stacking the rounds on each other at 484m/528yds like it was easy. I don't think that group is much bigger than 3-4cm. It's like 1/5 to 1/4 MOA.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Roe
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2014

I've had some trouble with my Sako build, but hopefully on track again now.

The rifle was returned to have a 35 MOA cant machined into the picatinny rail and I also specified ( or rather insisted) that the rail should be bedded and glued in addition to screwed to the action. I doubt it will move now.

I also adjusted the trigger to be a little harder, for some reason I find this rifle more difficult to shoot with a light trigger than I do with my Blaser rifle. Precision in this rifle continues to surprise me, the Lilja barrel just shoots very, very well. Still some trace of buildup in the silencer, so I will try an IMR powder next and see what that will do. Plan to hunt with the rifle again in March.

Comment

• am4966
                                Chieftain
                                • Jul 2014

Roe you should show your reticle that you designed. I find it very interesting and will continue to follow your videos on it.

AM

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                                X