• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MountainCur
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2015

SOLD: Grendel reloading stuff

I hate to do this gents, but nature abhors a vaccum. I have a serious semiauto grendel accuracy vaccum. 2 different barrels and uppers 7 different powders 3 different bullets and not a single repeatable load. So I'm thinking I'm putting this grendel experiment to the pages of history. So getting rid of my grendel stuff.

I have:

*SOLD*95 - 1 fired processed and primed hornady brass
    *SOLD*69 - 1 fired unprocessed hornady with 8 w fired thrown in but separate free-$100 for all 1 fired hornady
    *SPF*250 - BNIB hornady brass-$190
    *SPF*15 - new sized and primed lapua brass
    *SPF*185 - 1 fired unprocessed lapua brass-$180 for all lapua

*SOLD*100+ 120gr Amax-$20
    *OFF THE TABLE*750 - 123gr Nosler Custom Competitions-$200

*SOLD*Lee pacesetter 3 die set - $25

*SOLD*1 - 15 rnd mag ACS -$10

*SOLD*1 - Good Iron Break -$50

On the once fired brass I am asking 85% of brand new value. I'm willing to deal and am open to trades. I am potentially looking into a 6.5x47 and 300 Winny so there are two options. Pm me with your email. Thanks
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-17-2024, 05:18 PM.
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

MC:

Won't try to talk you out of your decision but do have a question for you.

What did you expect from your Grendels?

LR55

Comment

• MountainCur
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2015

I expected atleast repeatable moa accuracy. If I can continual get 1/4 moa out of a regular 5,56 I should be able to get moa out of an inherently more accurate bullet.

As someone once said," Only accurate guns are interesting."

I am actually really sad.about it. I have invested a lot of time, money and energy into this and it is a failure.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

1/4 moa groups from any rifle are fantastic!

BUT, you haven't indicated the group sizes your Grendel rifles produce.

There is an excellent chance that some of the folks who participate in this forum can give useful tips that get them closer to your arguably highly optimistic goal of 1/4 moa.
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• MountainCur
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2015

Thank you, sir. I have asked for help and received very good help from others on this forum. I have gone through the various issues in fine detail and spent a few months trying to produce good results to no avail. I am not a newbie to the ar. I have 16 years of experience with this platform in various calibers and I'm also an engineer, so my critical thinking skills aren't the lowest. I would have been very happy to have a grand experience with this caliber and I'm sure I could, I'm just tired of it. My time is too precious right now to monkey around with this caliber. I appreciate the offers of help and I wish the best of luck to each of you, I'm just done with this particular caliber. I'll continue to frequent this forum because there is such a wealth of information and knowledge and the folks here are very nice. Its probably the friendliest forum I've been a part of. And in the words of a little kid stuck in a cardboard box, "I want out."

Comment

• lwminton
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

So what shoots better?
            Originally posted by MountainCur View Post
            Thank you, sir. I have asked for help and received very good help from others on this forum. I have gone through the various issues in fine detail and spent a few months trying to produce good results to no avail. I am not a newbie to the ar. I have 16 years of experience with this platform in various calibers and I'm also an engineer, so my critical thinking skills aren't the lowest. I would have been very happy to have a grand experience with this caliber and I'm sure I could, I'm just tired of it. My time is too precious right now to monkey around with this caliber. I appreciate the offers of help and I wish the best of luck to each of you, I'm just done with this particular caliber. I'll continue to frequent this forum because there is such a wealth of information and knowledge and the folks here are very nice. Its probably the friendliest forum I've been a part of. And in the words of a little kid stuck in a cardboard box, "I want out."
            So what shoots better?

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MountainCur View Post
              I expected atleast repeatable moa accuracy. If I can continual get 1/4 moa out of a regular 5,56 I should be able to get moa out of an inherently more accurate bullet.
              There is a reason competitive Bench-Rest, Target Rifle and F Class shooters do not use light weight AR15's.

I have to say that 1/4MOA out of an AR is extraordinary. You would win every F Class/Target Rifle match where I live if that were the case. You would be a shooting celebrity. Your AR15 against 8kg guns with 3" wide flat-tracking fore-ends, with Stolle Panda type receivers, no magazine, bull-barrel bolt guns. You would be shooting against people who discard their barrels on average every year to keep somewhere close to the 'Golden Age' of a barrel (first 300 rounds).

We know group size depends on how many rounds you call a group, and what sort or rest or bipod you use, and whether you discount the bad groups in a string of groups (and let's face it, we all have flyers and bad groups pretty much every time we go to the range). Whenever people post pictures of their groups I have to confess I don't even pay attention. I occasionally say nice things to be polite but I don't post pictures of mine. Too many people believe their credibility is tied in their ability to shoot. You say you have tried two barrels... it could just be two average barrels.

I am not discounting your experience. I have more experience with .223 and because of that am tempted to think it is a better calibre also. It is not - Just had more .223 barrels and more rounds down range. You end up comparing other calibres against the best .223 results I ever had.

I might be stirring the pot here but my perception is that 0.8MOA 4-round groups from a scoped AR is about as good as it gets. Some days you'll do better, some days you'll do worse. If you want consistently better, then look at an 8kg solid bolt gun, no magazine for a stiffer receiver and a true floating (no gas block) bull barrel.

My point, your expectations may be too high and experience with the calibre not long enough.

Comment

• MountainCur
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2015

OK, you want explanations? Go buy a encyclopedia. You want some brass at a fairly reasonable price and a guy willing to deal here it is. Otherwise stop littering this post.

Thank you

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Apologies, you worded it as more than a straight sale. I did not realise there are sensitivities associated with it.

Good luck.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Barrel and upper for sale?

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

Guys:

I asked MC a question that should have gone back channel.

He answered it so no need to press the issue anymore.

He is selling a bunch of components so if anyone out there needs any for prices cheaper than anything you may find from a vendor, now is a good time to stock up.

LR55

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2015

Just a note, on the primed brass DO NOT ship via USPS, they consider that to be loaded ammo and you could be fined or get some free bracelets if caught.

I never knew that till i read a thread recently...

Comment

• MountainCur
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2015

Interesting on the primed stuff. So consider everything unprimed, everyone!

Comment

• customcutter
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

MountainCur,

PM inbound on 1 fired Hornady Brass.

Edit, and the dies as well.
                            Last edited by customcutter; 06-03-2015, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• MountainCur
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2015

Anyone want some brass, send me an offer. Worst I can do is say no thanks. I am open to trades.

Things I'd like,

Rem 700 SA receiver
                              308 185gr Juggernauts
                              Eliseo Tactical Chassis
                              Something shiny I didn't know I needed

Comment

Working...
                              X