• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • customcutter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Klem, needed in Oklahoma

It's an old story, but the local news just broadcast it.
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

LOL

I am sure you guys are well equipped to handle this one. And you are all probably better shots than me!

Check out the reaction of those cows. They don't look too happy. Here they share the same paddocks and keep on munching.

You can eat the meat but I don't like it. It's pretty lean and gamey. There is an industry surrounding the harvesting of roo meat. It's mainly used for pet food here and some restaurants serve it for visitors. Not a big seller in the supermarkets even at half the price of beef. Farmers are cautious of them as they knock down fences. In some areas there's no restriction on shooting while in others there is a tag system to limit the culling. Head shots only for professional roo shooters as processing companies will not take body shot carcasses. Non commercial shooters like myself are not under the same government stipulation. We harvest roo's for our dogs and to keep the numbers down when farmers we know want them culled. Mostly using .223 at night on a tray-back vehicle with a spotlight. Private property only.

Comment

• customcutter
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Yes, it was funny too watch the cows reaction. They had obviously never seen anything like a kangaroo before.

Comment

• ramslammer
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2014

G'Day
        That would be like seeing a mountain lion down here. lol
        Juddy

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Oh that was priceless. I watched it 3 or 4 times, the guys voice with excitement was great! Thanks for posting that!

Comment

• jawbone
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

kangarooOOoo! the guy in that clip is hilarious. many thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X