• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evaris
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2015

Possible ban on firearms related speach under ITAR

It's happening again— President Obama is using his imperial pen and telephone to curb your rights and bypass Congress through executive action. Even as news reports have been highlighting the gun control provisions of the Administration's "Unified Agenda" of regulatory objectives (see accompanying story), the Obama State Department has been quietly moving ahead with a proposal that could censor online speech related to firearms. This latest regulatory assault, published in the June 3 issue of the Federal Register, is as much an affront to the First Amendment as it is to the Second. Your action is urgently needed to ensure that online blogs, videos, and web forums devoted to the technical aspects of firearms and ammunition do not become subject to prior review by State Department bureaucrats before they can be published.

So... yeah.

I'm... kinda concerned.
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

The call to action was by the NRA-ILA. That puts it in the "PAY ATTENTION TO" and "TAKE ACTION" category.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• deer hunter
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2014

You/we should be very concerned. Better buy what you want now and stack the ammo deep while we can.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

This is more of a way to charge manufacturers and website domains with sharing of technical information to an international audience.

Since they can't pass any legislation against firearms without more turnover in Congress, the Executive Branch has been clawing for any avenue within Federal regulations from which to attack the 2nd Amendment.

By regulating technical data under ITAR, they are pushing to regulate free speech related to firearms, under the legal premise that ITAR-regulated information needs approval before being shared with anyone overseas. Since online forums are packed full of this information, now all they need is someone to make an example of to intimidate and chill website owners and servers.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Klem
          Give it a year and it will be just me on the forum...talking to myself.
          While the Administration continues to funnel anti-tank guided missiles and who knows what other munitions to questionable actors in the Syrian-Iraqi skirmish line entanglement of ISIS, Syrian rebels, Shia militias, and Iranian surrogate terrorist groups.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Klem
            Give it a year and it will be just me on the forum...talking to myself.
            Well, we may still have some stateside members on the forum by then, but we'll only be allowed to talk about the weather.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
              Well, we may still have some stateside members on the forum by then, but we'll only be allowed to talk about the weather.
              I'm sure the 'murrican folk could find THE ONION ROAD back to where you could discuss whatever you like.

Comment

• rasp65
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

We will have to develop a code and pass it around via email

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

We Are Not Giving Up Anything Guys. We won the last few battles- We Will win all the rest! Team effort will play out for the gun families across this fine land.

Yes,, rasper.,, we can all have a secret code behind the scenes- we call it texting, & emails, etc. Ummm, Don't get too paranoid!

Yes the oh bummer gang seems to hand weapons to the bad guys, I think the Big Fixxes may be next..... I won't state it here...

Comment

• Klem
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

I will talk about guns and you can tell me what the weather is like.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2015

the weather is hot, i think the sun is blowing out the back, should i turn on the ac?

decoded -
                      the weather is hot - loads are too hot
                      the sun is blowing - primers popped out
                      turn on the ac - lower your load.

Comment

• mwilkins
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2014

Think I will just stick with....

28.3 gr of 8208 is too hot. Velocities is good but damn my brass sure doesn't like it. Primer pockets are screaming and getting loose. Gonna back down to 27.5 gr of 8208 again and live with 2500+ fps.

Comment

• Jakal
                          Warrior
                          • May 2014

Control the media, control the propaganda, control the disinformation and control the brainwashing so you don't know it's happening. Then disarm the civilian populous and round them up..

Sounds like a playbook that was written years ago by power-corrupted madmen...........
                          ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• just_john
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2012

Nuggin', how fast did you say you clocked your 264 Cumulus at?

Comment

Working...
                            X