• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PredatorDown
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

Midway has 142gr ABLR in stock

Just browsing through Midway today and saw they had the new 142gr Nosler Accubond Long Range in stock. Not too exciting for the Grendel, but I know there are several here that have the larger 6.5's that can take advantage of it

• Savage Shooter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Thanks. I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor and generally shoot the 140 gr. Berger hybrids (G1 BC = .618), but the 142 gr. ABLR is listed with a BC of .719 - that is a wickedly high BC! My Creedmoor is a SAVAGE LRP, so it's certainly not a hunting rifle, (other than prairie dogs off a bench), but it might interesting to try banging steel at 1000+ yds with the Noslers, if .719 is a true BC.
    My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• PredatorDown
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

From everything I've been reading up on lately, the G1 BC is largely dependent on velocity. So the .719 is most likely achieved at the kind of velocities the 26 Nosler throws around. Looking at the G7 BC, it's only slightly higher than the Berger Hybrids. Either way, I'm anxious to see how mine shoot in the 260!

Comment

• Predmilitia
        Bloodstained
        • May 2015

The Creedmoor will thank you lol. Can't wait to load some

Comment

fwiw, I put on of these through a 150 lb hog about 6 weeks ago. Hog was quartering towards me at a measured 120 yards. bullet entered below the ear went, went through the base of the skull, through the spine, through the offside shoulder and exited leaving only a modestly sized exit. Not only do these things fly nicely, they are absolute KRYPTONITE on game. Its a hell of a round.

Comment

• acourvil
            Warrior
            • Dec 2013

I haven't seen any testing results for the the 142g ABLR, but Brian Litz tested the BC of the 129g ABLR, and it was pretty much as listed (.553 v. .561). However, he also tested the 210g .308, which was supposed to have a .730 BC and found the actual BC to be .651. My guess is that the real BC of the 142g 6.5mm is probably closer to that than the advertised number, but that's just a guess.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by incognito View Post
              fwiw, I put on of these through a 150 lb hog about 6 weeks ago.
              Thanks for the report. Pics?
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Sure...if they work....attached. Entry is obvious, didn't take an exit shot. It was a classic cns impact. Little more than a twitch on impact.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• acourvil
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2013

Quick folow-up re the BC of the 142 ABLR. Looks like the real BC is a lot lower than advertised

Comment

Working...
                  X