• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

260 Bruiser meets the ole Six-Five

Sunday evening I'm sitting in a tower stand overlooking the Colorado River, it's hot, been a a long day, and I'm tempted to call it an early evening. About 8pm, approx. 75 yards below me I see this guy walking out of the river. I was caught off guard, jacked with adrenaline, and hurried my shot. Bullet entered high neck, dust flew as the bullet passed through him into the dirt, and he fell like Thor's hammer hit him. My JP Grendel and AA loaded 120 TSX are never a let down.

I thought he looked long from above, but was still surprised when we finally got down to him. He measured 260lbs. Some of the best boars I've ever shot have been in summer evenings, 90+ degrees, and about an hour before sunset. Strange.

John 11:25-26
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

HHHMMM Bacon!!! very nice, congtats

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Look at those cutters! Nice job
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Congrats and good shootin' even if you feel it was rushed. Did the job!

What handguard is that? Must be a part of the JP build? Kinda diggin' the look.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Sweet! Nice Job!
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• 81police
            Warrior
            • Feb 2013

handguard is a JP Rapid Configuration

Comment

• Triple 000 Buck
              Unwashed
              • Sep 2014

Where on the pig do you take the measurement to get the approximate weight ?
              Behind the front shoulders ? Middle of the body ?

Comment

• 81police
                Warrior
                • Feb 2013

Here's a quick guide on the heart-girth measurement from Lone Star Boars...

Carry a cloth measuring tape with you when you go into the field. For a fast and 95% accurate weight within +/-10 pounds. Formula used to estimate a hog's weight. Heart girth is measured in inches using a cloth measuring tape. The tape is placed directly behind the front legs, wrapped...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

What isn't mentioned on LSB is that when you take the measurement behind the front legs, basically as close to the legs as you can get, you want the SMALLEST circumference. It is best to try to take multiple measurements to help assure that you find the smallest circumference. You want to pull the tape taught as you don't want it to be standing above the body due to the hair and get a measurement that is too large and you don't want to cinch it down where you squeeze the body and get a measurement that is too little. Using a metal tape will help keep measurements more accurate than an actual cloth tape that will tend to stretch more over time, producing underestimates.
                  Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 06-23-2015, 04:46 PM.
                  Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                  My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
                  X