Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sickness and in Health

Chieftain
    I had to laugh when i read Keith's advice to eat brown rice because it digests slower than white rice. I thought if you live in LA you were required to know that white rice was once brown. They polish the bran off and we feed the bran to our deer!
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

kamrr4437
    I just usually feed them corn lol. And an occasional 123 grain pill or a 325 grain from the beowulf lol. When i first started reading your comment i thought you were going to say something like hell you put rice in everything like jambalaya and you name it, since most people think we live in pure swampland lol. Then i saw you were a fellow Louisianan.

joker31
    oranges, milk and Morphine, Glorious Morphine... (I was wounded in Afghanistan and before that I was a 300+ PT guy) Now I try to keep my head right by watching Physics lectures, reading and only eating what I grow in my garden (Or my kids grow) or what I shoot. Cook with olive oil (Not Veggie oil) eat Garlic, a hot pepper every chance you get and plenty of Venison, Dove, Quail and Feral Hog (Free range Pork) Hippies got some things right. War was bad for me (hippies were right), Veggies good (hippies were right), free range food is good for you(hippies were right) and your government will one day infringe on all of your rights (hippies were right)

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by joker31 View Post
    oranges, milk and Morphine, Glorious Morphine... (I was wounded in Afghanistan and before that I was a 300+ PT guy) Now I try to keep my head right by watching Physics lectures, reading and only eating what I grow in my garden (Or my kids grow) or what I shoot. Cook with olive oil (Not Veggie oil) eat Garlic, a hot pepper every chance you get and plenty of Venison, Dove, Quail and Feral Hog (Free range Pork) Hippies got some things right. War was bad for me (hippies were right), Veggies good (hippies were right), free range food is good for you(hippies were right) and your government will one day infringe on all of your rights (hippies were right)
    Interesting what you learn when you take a wider view of the world.

I have found that eating too many "heart healthy" whole grain carbs makes me jittery and my shooting accuracy suffers.

I have lost 60 lbs in the last 3 years by eating low carb/ high fat. Yes, a lot of fat. You have to get your calories somewhere.

Many health benefits followed. Many mainstream "facts" are not correct.

I have been doing 3 pullups a day for a few years as my weight dropped. I feel healthier at 60 than I did at 40.

Chieftain
    Agree bj139, if we could avoid the carbs we would all be healthier.

Mark Twain

Warrior
    I once did very poorly in an NRA 2700 match because I did not drink coffee.

The rationale given to me is that coffee causes fine muscle tremors. I knew that to be true, but what I didn’t recognize then was one’s steadinessis really compromised the very first day one doesn’t drink the stuff.

I now drink coffee to remain steady.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Warrior
    In my experience with low carb eating I have found carbs cause me to be much more jittery than coffee.

Chieftain
    I have found it more difficult to hold steady with a hangover. Never noticed any other food or drink affecting me.

Mark Twain

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I have found it more difficult to hold steady with a hangover. Never noticed any other food or drink affecting me.
    Plenty of coffee will settle one down just fine! ������
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Crap, I see a problem... Hungover, then a 16oz cup of coffee, drive 35 miles to the range!! Wait, I didn't eat breakfast!!

Wonder why my groups suck...

Warrior
    Who can drive 35 miles after drinkg a coulle 16 oz cups of coffee?
    shootersnotes.com

-- Author Unknown

Warrior
    Pit stops...

Warrior
    Yup!
    shootersnotes.com

-- Author Unknown