• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

OK Guys:

Keep it focused on marksmanship stuff, please.

LR1955

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
      You must be planning a career in Administrative Government. It's good to have goals.
      Heh, heh. Yeah, I'd much rather be honing my marksmanship skills, but I have no way to do so. Haven't been shooting for over 12 years. It's ironic that now I have plenty of time for shooting, I am no longer physically able. Just one of life's little practical jokes.

So, I divide my time between my meager workouts, internet forums, and TV...

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Not so fast 1955...when I said there was so much good on tv what I meant to say was Tac TV and the like! : ) (They are really mostly commercials as near as I can figure, but I will go with that to dig myself out)

Just kidding, I will button it up sir.
        Last edited by KentuckyBuddha; 08-09-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
          Not so fast 1955...when I said there was so much good on tv what I meant to say was Tac TV and the like! : ) (They are really mostly commercials as near as I can figure, but I will go with that to dig myself out)

Just kidding, I will button it up sir.
          KB:

Figured you would mention the various firearms related TV shows.

Hmmmm.

Let me start a thread and see where it heads.

Thanks Stan, Montana & KB

Comment

High altitude running with leaches then barggle with gleach... does unders fer bain power

moderate exercise, eat as good food as you can (limit processed foods as much as practical) I eat a lot of deer meat.
            lay off the sugary coke and especially diet drinks. I read many places where people had stopped drinking diet soda and their joint pain disappeared and I thought yea right.. well tried it myself and guess what no more knee stiffness
            right attitude does wonders as well .. I am still working on that one myself

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

I had to laugh when i read Keith's advice to eat brown rice because it digests slower than white rice. I thought if you live in LA you were required to know that white rice was once brown. They polish the bran off and we feed the bran to our deer!
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

I just usually feed them corn lol. And an occasional 123 grain pill or a 325 grain from the beowulf lol. When i first started reading your comment i thought you were going to say something like hell you put rice in everything like jambalaya and you name it, since most people think we live in pure swampland lol. Then i saw you were a fellow Louisianan.

Comment

oranges, milk and Morphine, Glorious Morphine... (I was wounded in Afghanistan and before that I was a 300+ PT guy) Now I try to keep my head right by watching Physics lectures, reading and only eating what I grow in my garden (Or my kids grow) or what I shoot. Cook with olive oil (Not Veggie oil) eat Garlic, a hot pepper every chance you get and plenty of Venison, Dove, Quail and Feral Hog (Free range Pork) Hippies got some things right. War was bad for me (hippies were right), Veggies good (hippies were right), free range food is good for you(hippies were right) and your government will one day infringe on all of your rights (hippies were right)

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
                    oranges, milk and Morphine, Glorious Morphine... (I was wounded in Afghanistan and before that I was a 300+ PT guy) Now I try to keep my head right by watching Physics lectures, reading and only eating what I grow in my garden (Or my kids grow) or what I shoot. Cook with olive oil (Not Veggie oil) eat Garlic, a hot pepper every chance you get and plenty of Venison, Dove, Quail and Feral Hog (Free range Pork) Hippies got some things right. War was bad for me (hippies were right), Veggies good (hippies were right), free range food is good for you(hippies were right) and your government will one day infringe on all of your rights (hippies were right)
                    Interesting what you learn when you take a wider view of the world.

I have found that eating too many "heart healthy" whole grain carbs makes me jittery and my shooting accuracy suffers.

I have lost 60 lbs in the last 3 years by eating low carb/ high fat. Yes, a lot of fat. You have to get your calories somewhere.

Many health benefits followed. Many mainstream "facts" are not correct.

I have been doing 3 pullups a day for a few years as my weight dropped. I feel healthier at 60 than I did at 40.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2013

Agree bj139, if we could avoid the carbs we would all be healthier.

Mark Twain

Comment

• JASmith
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2014

I once did very poorly in an NRA 2700 match because I did not drink coffee.

The rationale given to me is that coffee causes fine muscle tremors. I knew that to be true, but what I didn’t recognize then was one’s steadinessis really compromised the very first day one doesn’t drink the stuff.

I now drink coffee to remain steady.
                        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

In my experience with low carb eating I have found carbs cause me to be much more jittery than coffee.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2013

I have found it more difficult to hold steady with a hangover. Never noticed any other food or drink affecting me.

Mark Twain

Comment

• JASmith
                              Chieftain
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                              I have found it more difficult to hold steady with a hangover. Never noticed any other food or drink affecting me.
                              Plenty of coffee will settle one down just fine! ������
                              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Schrambo
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                                Crap, I see a problem... Hungover, then a 16oz cup of coffee, drive 35 miles to the range!! Wait, I didn't eat breakfast!!

Wonder why my groups suck...

Comment

Working...
                                X