X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

as I don't have any experience with your barrel(pf) I do have a black hole weapons barrel and it shoots damn good much better in fact in a 300 dollar Barrels should 4 1/4" group at 600 meters not my best group either but not my worst if I do my part it is accurate as I need it to be shot a doe at 455meters last deer season im satisfied with it

Comment

• Butterbean
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

The "looks" they are expecting should be the targets. Nothing else. Your outfit is top notch, Mark. Perhaps you could mention the less-than-stellar finishes in the description.
      Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Ok due to the Poll, we ordered another batch of barrels from BHW. Got a call from them yesterday, as they were concerned about quality and how we do our finish chambering. Just to clarify - we aren't implying BHW barrels are not up to our quality standards, rather that they are a OUR Entry Level Barrel - not that they are Entry Level in the barrel Market. In fact, the reason we started using them is due to the quality of the blanks considering the cost. They are half the cost of Krieger and Bartlein blanks and more than likely better than most folks can shoot; we consider them an excellent value for the dollar! Especially suited for hunting applications.

Mark Hostetter
        Precision Firearms / Precision Machine
        "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• 1075 tech
          Warrior
          • Apr 2015

That's good to hear, Mark. So looking forward to doing business with you!

Comment

• hdjake73
            Unwashed
            • May 2015

I like the bhw barrel

I like my bhw barrel/bolt from precision firearms.
            Attached Files

Comment

• lamrith
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hdjake73 View Post
              I like my bhw barrel/bolt from precision firearms.
              Those scorch marks on the paper?

Looks like those budget barrels of yours are no good Precision.. Feel free to send them my way for proper disposal!

Nice shooting HD!
              Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
              18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
              SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
              16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
              Anderson Pistol lower:
              16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
              6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                Warrior
                • Apr 2011

That some great shooting. Common report on these barrels is Sub .5 MOA. But that is getting close to .3 MOA.

Comment

• leftyman
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2015

I applaud your determination to maintain quality in our disposable world. I think 95% of shooters couldn't tell the difference between bhw and bartlein anyway, I know I couldn't. That being said, hunting guns and precision guns are held to much different standards. Choice is huge. I think most would go better, but if that 350.00 more expensive barrel means no rifle I'd buy the less expensive, not necessarily cheaper, barrel. That's the beauty of the ar, ease of changing out components for newer, better, or just different. I love my grendel, best move I could make to have shooting fun again. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Barrel life in Bartlein's and Krieger's is hard to beat. I don't know how BHW compares, but Bart and Krieger stainless steel are some of the hardest stainless pipes on the market.

This is one of the factors I look at when buying a precision barrel.

That said, I'm interested in one of these BHW pipes, maybe for an SBR. If the rifling allows more room for start pressure, one could possibly gain performance to match a slightly longer barrel.

I'm thinking a 12.5" SBR at this point.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

Email I got from a Customer today:

"I bought a BHW barrel/bolt/lmd brake from you and I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with what I purchased. I mean I'm shooting 1/2 to 3/4 minute all day long with factory amax ammunition. Thanks again"

Comment

Working...
                      X