• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Bosque County, Texas 6 Pack

Well, I had at least 5 hits on hogs. My partner with a .308 hit at least two. I believe we shared impacts on 2 or more hogs. All in all, it was a productive evening in a muddy field.

The video runs long, but a lot of that is slow motion which really allows the view to see what goes right and what goes wrong.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Nice job! It was cool how they turned right at you then they realized that was a bad idea. Couple more shooters and could have made a huge dent in that sounder.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Excellent video, as always. What I found amusing was how, during that particular sequence, you cannot call it the gun that goes "ping". It was a solid "RIIIINNNNnnnnRIIIIIINNNGGGgggRIIINNNNGGG" all through the slow mo sequence. Good stuff! Congrats to you and the Hessian.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
        Nice job! It was cool how they turned right at you then they realized that was a bad idea.
        We were standing right where that previous big boar had run and it was a location where we had seen other hogs disappear through in the past. So basically, the sounder was running toward what should have been their preferred and large (big hole in fence, strands missing) exit location, only we were standing in front of it.

What is sort of funny and something I didn't point out in the video, but about 400 yards beyond the sounder were a mixture of cattle and pigs and they all just continued what they were doing. We debated going after the other hogs, but already had a lot of work ahead of us, clearing out the 5 hogs still in the field (can't leave them there).

Comment

• customcutter
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Good Job, but man I gotta remember to turn down the sound before putting the ear buds in to keep from disturbing the wife....

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Wow, that's what you call a target rich enviroment!

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
              Good Job, but man I gotta remember to turn down the sound before putting the ear buds in to keep from disturbing the wife....
              Lol, got me too
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

We need to set up a Platoon-sized ambush in these places, everyone suppressed with comms and thermals.

That was great.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

Funny thing...unless folks are really organized, after the first volley, plans fall apart when hogs run helter skelter. You would still end up with a bunch of hogs getting away (albeit less hogs, LOL) and a bunch that were shot multiple times by different guys.

I find it interesting that this property where we got these hogs is a multi-use property owned by a big family with turkey and deer hunters who have leases for the property. By and large, however, the folks involved with the business of the property don't have the time to do hogs and family members only come out occasionally. Lease holders generally don't try to take hogs, I am told, unless they aren't having luck otherwise with the deer or turkey. So the hogs are largely unmolested. On top of that, most of the ranch and neighboring properties are not growing any grains, so the oats field is a magnet - a tough to hunt magnet, but it is a big source of food for the hogs. We may be busy for a while.

Comment

• jawbone
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2012

that was a ton o' fun to watch. it must've been full-tilt wild to actually be pulling the trigger in that chaos. great stuff, 00Spy.

Comment

• gpsman007
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2015

You have probably answered this many times before but i am too lazy to go look for it
                      what night vision optic are you using
                      thanks for answering again

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2013

Armasight Zeus 3 https://www.armasight.com/thermal-im...-3-24x75-30hz/

Comment

Working...
                        X