• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I need the hordes opinion.

I sold a guy a Hornady Powder Measure with a pistol and rifle micrometer for $90 off of a listing I have at arfcomm.

$90.00 Hornady Lock N Load Powder Measure
    Lock-N-Load® Powder Measure Item #050069 The pioneering design of the quick change Lock-N-Load® Powder Measure has been copied by others but never replicated. Offering the most flexible operation and widest range of use, the Lock-N-Load® Powd...

.....Hornady Stand
    .....Pistol Micrometer Insert Installed
    Lock-N-Load® Powder Measure Item #050069 The pioneering design of the quick change Lock-N-Load® Powder Measure has been copied by others but never replicated. Offering the most flexible operation and widest range of use, the Lock-N-Load® Powd...

.....Rifle Micrometer Insert Included
    It seems the hornady webpage at the link I provided has either been modified or I missed something. It lists a powder measure with a quick release. I know mine is older, but I didn't even realize the hornady powder measures have that function now.

The guy is pissed and wants a refund because of that. With the micrometer I feel this was a great deal for him and that he's just looking for a reason to ask for a refund.

Should I refund him or tell him to pound sand?
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Ask site staff how to proceed.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

I don't have the first clue (and I don't care) what the powder measure was worth, but:

Seller: "Here's what I have and here's what I want for it."

Buyer: "I'll take it."

Nuff said, deal's a deal, board's the play. With the internet, the resources to determine what something is worth are almost endless. It's up to the buyer to decide what he wants to pay.

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Refund and move on. somebody else will want it.

Comment

• DRandi
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2013

Well on one hand you provided a link claiming this is what the items is. On the other hand buyer had more than enough opportunity to see if it is indeed correct and what he was expecting. Solution, offer a refund minus shipping. He pays return shipping and no refund on the original shipping. Then the transaction is no different if you bought from a regular online retailer. Then if he tries to bad mouth you it is in writing you offered a reasonable refund even though the buyer goofed.

David

Edit: unless he's being a dick, then so sad too bad, should of done your research.
          A nice walk in the woods helps me relax and relieves tension....

The fact I'm dragging a shovel and a body should be irrelevant...

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Refund, it's your rep on the line.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I agree with all- fix it all via a chat. It's so easy to do.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Cory, did you contact the buyer? Try it. I would do that for you. cmon.,

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                  Cory, did you contact the buyer? Try it. I would do that for you. cmon.,
                  Actually he contacted me a day or so ago, again. This is how it went.

Me
                  So what exactly is your grievance with the PM you received?
                  Him
                  The parts are not interchangeable with my new generation pm. It looks old and rusty. If i knew it was the older model i would have never bought it.
                  Me
                  What do you mean it isn't interchangeable?

Yes it's an older PM where the metal is tarnished. It works perfectly. The cylinder is almost brand new. If you want it to be pretty you can polish it. I never advertised it as new.
                  Him
                  The powder tube is smaller in diameter and taller. The rotors are not interchangeable since they are different and the micrometer inserts will not fit in my new rotors.
                  I've sent an email to Hornady and I'm awaiting a response so I can get a full understanding of his side.

The PM is in perfect working order, the metal is a little tarnished and the paint faded from age. I get the feeling that he wants a refund because the PM isn't pretty enough for him. I never advertised it new.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2013

If what you advertised isn't what he got then the honorable thing to do is refund it.

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

I agree with Adam on this. Your honor is worth far more than he paid. If he is dissatisfied, have him return it and repost it, someone will buy it.

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

Imo when selling stuff on Arfcom you have to be specific on what your selling and condition of items. Plus pics that way there is no way to say your in the wrong. I'd contact a mod for the equipment exchange. Let them decide, if you sell stuff over there you don't want negative feedback.
                        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• 204 AR
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2015

I have a measure just like the one you sold, and it's great and a nice value IMO with the micro adjust on pistol and rifle rotors. However if you posted a link to a new one and that is what he thought he was getting they are pretty different now. Personally I would apologize for the confusion and refund upon return of the measure.

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Thanks. Yea I ended refunding him on this and sold it to someone else a little bit later.

It turned out there were more differences than I realized. It was actually pre LNL, it was the Multi-Deluxe Powder Measure.

Comment

Working...
                            X