• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drift
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

WTB. Someone to dip or paint my AR.

OK, I have 2 AR projects going. (1) I am adding night vision to an AR for pig hunting . Since that is going to cost a pretty penny, and the front quad rail will need to be replaced with a lighter M Lok system and an new lighter but stock , I might as well get the furnature dipped/painted to match (minus scope). I'm thinking a green camo pattern like multi cam/kryptic/ would be good;keep the the black on receiver and barrel.
    (2) Soon enough my group buy pistol barre will be in. It will start out as a pistol (sig brace) and morph to a tactical SBR when I get the stamp. I'd like that custom painted also. I'm open to ideas there. Not boring black or fruity pink. Perhaps something in Confederate Gray. Let me know if someone on the board soes this Thanks
  • achristian8
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

I just finished duracoating mine. It was a simple and rewarding project and since you have'nt put the gun together yet you wont have to strip it apart like I did. I bought a NEO gravity feed airbrush and two duracoat colors. Tactical flat dark earth and tactical black. After completing it I will be finishing every new AR I buy. Next time I will get one of the camo packs and camo a whole gun.
    Attached Files
    Adam

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Drift View Post
      OK, I have 2 AR projects going. (1) I am adding night vision to an AR for pig hunting . Since that is going to cost a pretty penny, and the front quad rail will need to be replaced with a lighter M Lok system and an new lighter but stock , I might as well get the furnature dipped/painted to match (minus scope). I'm thinking a green camo pattern like multi cam/kryptic/ would be good;keep the the black on receiver and barrel.
      (2) Soon enough my group buy pistol barre will be in. It will start out as a pistol (sig brace) and morph to a tactical SBR when I get the stamp. I'd like that custom painted also. I'm open to ideas there. Not boring black or fruity pink. Perhaps something in Confederate Gray. Let me know if someone on the board soes this Thanks
      I don't know if you've heard, but I think the confederate gray bit the dust when all the confederate flags were lowered!! Sorry, I couldn't help it!!
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Fredman
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Check out, CCR Refinishing 423-639-8924 email service@ccrrefinishing.com

I had them refinish a Springfield 1911. Came out real nice!

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

I'm looking for someone too, I'm wanting my soon to be sbr Grendel done. I was going to just do something like the pic above. But I'm really wanting a camo job if price and work is right. If not then I'll just do a two color job like above to save money.
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

How much for a job like the bottom pic? (I'm guessing that is cerakote...)
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Variable View Post

How much for a job like the bottom pic? (I'm guessing that is cerakote...)
                +1 I'm interested in this too
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

LRRPF52 does Cerakoting very well. I have always been a fan of his work. The heat curing Cerakote he uses is one of the best finishes on the market but it does take a lot of work to do correctly. It is easier to do a one or two color Cerakote job but having a unique camo rifle is worth the time and expense in my opinion. Beautiful Cerakote jobs LRRPF52, is the bottom picture one of your rifles or is it another Cerakote job you did for another person?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

These were more or less favors. It's painful to do patterns like that. The digital desert took me 10 days of hard labor.

Multicam was no joke either. Just making the templates was tedious. Maybe I'll be able to do my own some day.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• tpk
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2014

Both are great. I've been wanting to coat a rifle in multicam for at least a few years.

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

You do great work, I can only imagine how time consuming it is.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                        X