X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

I'm not going to blow anything up just because I don't have a Stoney Point Gauge, etc., etc. I know exactly where my lands are, and all it took was a fired case.

JMHO ... Jim :-)

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wfa17332 View Post
      I believe you are addressing the old, but still true, "KISS" principle; I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, accurate, SAFE, ammunition is necessary, but really inaccurate loads are easy to identify, and there is a reasonable expectation that loading data from reputable sources are safe.

I have no problem with anyone attempting to become the best shot you can become, but it's all too easy to get totally involved in "perfection" in a very imperfect sport. If you are not in the top 1% of the shooters, or have aspirations to become one, then 1/8" (or more) difference in group size means little. Time would be better spent in "dry firing" and learning to "call your shots" under actual "field conditions".

Just my opinion.
      Excellent comment.

I bet you still have your fingers and eyes, too.

He, he, he.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Guys:

I shifted my response to Jim's comments to a new thread.

LR55

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Which is here:

Guys / Jim: I decided to move this to a new thread. I poke fun at the technical stuff most of the time because I have walked down that path in High Power. I spent my time measuring cartridge run out, case length, trimming when it wasn't needed, turning necks (inside and outside) weighing brass, bullet measuring. The result
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• wfa17332
            Bloodstained
            • May 2015

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
            Excellent comment.

I bet you still have your fingers and eyes, too.

He, he, he.
            Yup, they're all still where they began a few generations ago, but they certainly don't function the way they used to! I believe that the old "There are old pilots, their are bold pilots, but very few old, bold pilots." applies to handloading as well as to aviation.

Comment

Working...
            X