• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • din
    Warrior
    • Feb 2015

Sabre Defence chamber.

Does anyone know if the Sabre 6.5 Grendel barrels use the SAAMI spec chamber or something else? I was thinking about picking one up for a bullet hose build, and the Red X website just says Grendel Type II chamber, but I have no idea what that even means outside of BHW's bolt jargon.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

To my knowledge-- all Sabre Defence barrels were a "true" Grendel chamber (i.e. Yes they were SAAMI, but before there even was a SAAMI Grendel adoption.LOL). They were an OEM for Alexander Arms back in the early days.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• GSPHunter
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

Hi din, I have a 14.5" sabre defense upper that I got from RedX arms w/o BCG. Its running fine with an AA hard use bolt.

Comment

• din
        Warrior
        • Feb 2015

Good to hear. Thanks, guys.

Comment

• jurassic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Check the headspace with the bolt you want to use, I have one that will not let a bolt close on a go, or no-go gauge. It chambered a round fine, but showed pressure signs when I fired it. Thats when I took it apart and checked it. I won't make that mistake again, sending an email to RedX tomorrow.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

We got a bunch of these from Sabre when they went out of business. Almost none of them would close of a go guage, but they would chamber a round. We still have them. Cheap!

They are chrome lined so we can't length chamber.
            "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• GSPHunter
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
              It chambered a round fine, but showed pressure signs when I fired it.
              Hi jurassic, what pressure signs did you see? I never actually ran a go/no go gauge on my upper, just measured where the 123sst's were hitting the lands (2.300") and case capacity after firing (35.6gn H2O with Hornady brass) ....both those numbers seemed legit, but I did have some case swiping. Switching to the hard use bolt with a M16 carrier cured the swiping, and it really smoothed out the action. Anyway, I hope RedX takes care of your issue!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                Warrior
                • Apr 2011

For those wanting prices on Sabre barrels, let me see what I have here.
                "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• wraith1516
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Pm me on the barrel pricing please

Comment

Working...
                  X