• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Munroe_Effect View Post
    I just joined the forum this weekend and would like to order a barrel. Is it too late?
    No it is not to late. Go to the first page and print out the form and send it in. It is the 195 and 10 dollars for shipping! BANG BANG!!

There are still some barrels left.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

M-E, no, not too late. Slappy speaks truth.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bob4432
        Warrior
        • May 2016

BFT-

Appreciate the time you have taken to put this group buy together. May I recommend updating the initial post since things have regarding the barrel since that post?

Bob

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Yep, good idea bob, I just asked BFT for an update - I may have found a few more to add to the list.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Latest ? Our Administrator needs to keep current counts updated. I think it's above 50--- hello ?

Comment

• JRH65
              Unwashed
              • Jun 2016

I was in the middle of my first Grendel build when I came upon this forum! Such a wealth of info! If there's any barrels left I'd be interested! If people need a BCG I've heard good things about ODIN works carrier

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by JRH65 View Post
                I was in the middle of my first Grendel build when I came upon this forum! Such a wealth of info! If there's any barrels left I'd be interested! If people need a BCG I've heard good things about ODIN works carrier
                Yes there are barrels. Go to the first page and print out the form and mail that with some monage. It is 195 plus 10 for shipping. I was going to get a couple more but I came across a really sweet deal on a thermal and could not pass it up. And when I say sweet I mean I got it for a very good price!!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Gentlemen: Those of you who are engineers or who are in construction will understand, to the rest I apologize in advance.

Faxon has hit a snag which now pushes this project out 4-6 weeks from the early July date we had originally hoped for while they source the correct 5R button.

I know a bunch of you are already pulling your parts together and are eagerly awaiting this, so I apologize again and again on behalf of Faxon and myself for this delay. It’s gonna be good, and it’s gonna be worth the wait. Very sorry, now, for this more than a month delay.

As always, I will keep the group fully informed of this project’s progress.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• bob4432
                    Warrior
                    • May 2016

BFT - I know I am new here but there is conflicting evidence between the very first post and posts throughout the thread as to what the end product will be. I would not want somebody to order thinking that they were getting a 3R barrel when I believe from the posts I have read (not quite the whole thread) the the end result us a 5R. I like this forum and like Faxon and wouldn't want a member of the forum / customer of Faxon not get what they think they are whenever they get that box, open it up and feel duped if they hadn't read the whole thread. I know it is the buyers responsibility, but when information contradicts, people get upset and have a bad feeling.

This is just my concern to keep 65grendel.com and Faxon Firearms in good light of the community in general,
                    Bob
                    Last edited by bob4432; 06-08-2016, 05:28 PM. Reason: Phone auto-correct has a mind of its own…

Comment

• Slappy
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                      Gentlemen, warriors, and unwashed barbarians of the Horde: I have an update for you guys who have participated in the group buy so far.

Faxon has a 5R button from a 6.5 Creedmoor project that we can use. It would save us time and money and help get this project rolling again. I want to use it.

The purpose of this group buy was to give us 6.5 Grendel melonited, budget barrels with innovative 3R rifling with reduced land height with the idea of causing less engraving stress on bullets for accuracy, and possibly pressure, benefits. I still want to do the 3R project in the future, but in the interest of expediting the current project, since it’s been languishing, I’m going to change the specs to use 5R rifling. (Which, in itself, is a pretty darn good — and proven — rifling profile.)

This way, we save time by not having to wait for custom tooling to be produced, which required several weeks (months) lead time.

We also save money. Your new cost drops from $205 per barrel to $195 per barrel, plus the $10 shipping flat fee to the 48 contiguous.

If you’re cool with 5R, you don’t need to do anything; your existing order stands and you’ll be refunded the $10 difference, where applicable.

If you’re not feelin’ 5R and really had a vision for the 3R concept, please email me and you’ll be refunded your deposit. Depending on interest in these Faxon group buy barrels, I still intend to do 3R in the future.

Hey, we still have a 50-unit minimum, so tell your buddies! I want this to happen one way or another. Let's go!
                      Here is the post about the 5r dealy. So if people missed it they can catch up. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Slappy
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2014

Well 4 weeks of delay. Oh well, I am sorry to hear that and bet the first up fellas are scratching their heads. For me that might be a good deal being I ran into a thermal and my funds are still trying to recover from that. But on the bright side I am sure I will have ALL the parts to slap these together by then. Thanks for the update even though it was not the greatest news!! BANG BANG!!

At this point I just might frame one??? and look at it?? NOT!!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Bob4432, excellent point. I think my opening post should be updated to reflect the change.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                            Bloodstained
                            • Apr 2015

As one who was second one in with deposit, I am in no worries about a delay.

Heck, I had to wait one 1 1/2 years to finally get the model of Kimber 1911 that I was wanting. Almost two years for production and importation on a shotgun. So, this has not even been a year yet! No worries at all!

And like Slappy, I have some other things the spare funds are going toward. After 4 years I finally drew a bear tag for the arrowhead region of Minnesota, so there is some of where the my spare cash is being reserved toward as I hope to get a bear rug.

That said, it will be a joyous day when they are completed. And I don't mind waiting for the quality job to be done.

Best Regards!

Comment

• CastorTroy
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2015

Will these be available from faxon after the group buy is done?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

CT, great question, I'd be surprised if they didn't jump on the opportunity, but I'm not privy to their business decisions.

I certainly intend to keeping selling them, and don't forget about the 3R minimized rifling project, as well, if all goes well with these 5Rs.

Comment

Working...
                                X