X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keystone183
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Additionally....shady, unscrupulous forum administrator aside.........i'd prefer an 18" barrel....just for market research purposes....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Yo, K183, can't help ya on the unscrupulous part, but 18" wish list duly noted.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• RogueNathan
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by IceAxe View Post
        I bought one of the AR Perf sinusoidal bolt (0.473"head) and extension back when they had them on their site. I had Jay at BHW install it on a 20 inch 450 Bushmaster build. Its worked flawlessly. I just looks so much stronger, and I really like the radius'd corners. I recognize there is a trade off when you increase the bolt diameter the extension will have to lose some material.

Perhaps, it would be more feasible if one were to find a ARAK upper in 6.5 G with their sinusoidal bolt?
        We are working on that as well.
        The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• RogueNathan
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
          Don't visit the group buy page for a couple months and look what you might miss!!! I'll get working on sending in an order shortly.

And for you nathan.....if you guys would make a 556 12.5" lightweight in midlength....i'd have one of those, too.....
          Also in the works. Will be a bit on the 12.5" but the 11.5" mid is up first.
          The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            I think so! Post #2, the FAQ post, has my running tally. We got the big 02 of 50 sent in their forms and deposits.

Any particular reason you're holding back? Gimme some "market" research here. Not in the market for a 6.5 Grendel barrel? Wrong length? Wrong steel? Vendor untested? Forum administrator untested? Wrong price? Terms too strict? No credit card options? Wrong barrel specs? Anything I missed?

This is a service for the 65G community, so you can be honest. If you're not feelin' this group buy, that's cool. But I'd prefer you and everybody else jump on in! I'm taking a long-term view, and I can see only good from bringing another solid vendor into the fray, but, obviously, there's gotta be demand.
            Market research feedback (since it was requested):

I don't see anything wrong with your offering. I'd be in, but I'm in the middle of a 12.5" build and already have three others. I missed your last barrel offer too, because I had already recently built another upper for a friend. I'd love to have an excuse to pitch in, but I just don't have any takers on this end at the moment. Timing is off on my end is all.
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Fredman
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

I have decided strattling the fence is giving me a sore crotch. Payment in route.

Comment

• Kikn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

I'd like to help out but I just started to piece together my 3rd Grendel and second from a Lilja group buy last year. At some point I'd like to replace my 16" with another barrel. I have to many irons in the fire right now in the next month or two with hunting season around the corner motorcycle and auto track days 3 of the next 4 weekends. I just can't commit to another 6.5 project right now :-( but if this is still around in a couple of months I may be game then.

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Okay...I'm in. Check en route. If this comes to fruition, my niece will be receiving a Grendel-chambered hunting AR.
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Forum here needs an injection of new members, and some group buy cash, to push it forward. It's not a profit machine at all.
                    This Faxon deal is a great way to get into this rifle-, into a great caliber that has lost interest since 1970. The 6.5 mm. Not everything needs to be Magnumized.

A few of us found a way to increase performance , using my lighter bullet ideas. Turn a 120 ttsx down to 95 grn,
                    That includes the Gmx- the E tip The , TTSX,., the Tsx. .. Any kinetic energy lost , from bullet wt. is reclaimed thru higher muzzle speeds. - In the usual hunt shot distances, of say 50--250 yds.

The tests , ballistic gel..,, speeds, accuracy, & on game results are pending, . Pressure tests upon the loads are completed . Takes forever to get to the actual range lately.
                    Last edited by sneaky one; 08-29-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

The monolithic pills, Gmx-E tip, TTsx, TSX, etc.

These pills are the future for us as game hunters. The anti group will push lead free. No more cup & core pills. Vote accordingly.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Latest tally ? For the pricepoint, and the cool ideas upon the bbl., this is better than the older 2008 fundraiser bbls.

PF can sell bolts, as can Faxon , any m16 style carrier will work . Get an H2 buffer- good to go. Higher speed thru less drag upon bullets.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Faxon 50 group buy participants increase by 250% as of yesterday!

Now have 5 of 50. Those of you on the fence, make the barbarian Horde proud and jump in! Let's keep this rolling!
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

You're on a roll! Iv'e turned pills to the old school idea of .263, from the sixties- I have bought them at local gun sales- from estate sales. @ .263-.262 diam.

They all shot at least .5moa. This is a reversal of that idea== anything will shoot in this idea bbl., at very decent hunting grade level. Say,, 1.0 moa., or less.

Any True Grendel Sammie bolt, should work just fine. It just needs to be mated to the Sammie bbl. Chamber.

But, same as true to all the 5.56 set ups out there--- most bolts will lock up just fine in a different chamber. Try it.
                            Last edited by sneaky one; 09-02-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• CastorTroy
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2015

I'll be in for one. I'll get payment sent out this week

Comment

• Drillboss
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2015

I sent a down payment for 2 bbls a few days ago. Did you get that yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X