• Nov 2011

Yeah, I know. "The oxen are slow but the earth is patient."

Comment

• GSPHunter
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by 2_speed View Post
      Yeah, I know. "The oxen are slow but the earth is patient."
      Wow, 2speed, that's awesome....I thought I was the only one left who remembers "High Road to China" :-)

Comment

• 2_speed
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2011

Yep, the critics hated it & I liked it...

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

I just watched Bob Faxon on the MAC. Class act all the way, let's go guys and get some more orders on the way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYk_iSFvgQ

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2015

I just completed my first build in a Beowulf and am waiting on my optic funds now.

That said I used a 16 inch barrel on my Beowulf to have a quick swinging firearm in close quarter and fast response action. (Backup gun for my future bear hunt in case we have to track a crip)

I had been questioning that length of barrel for my body style, etc. But after building it up it fits GREAT!

I am very eager for this group buy barrel as I now know it will fit me.

I am trying to talk friends into it but they are not ready to build as well as having to teach them about the round.

Still fun to follow this thread and dream about another Grendel upper.

Best regards to all!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Faxon barrel group buy bump!
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• lesbaer45
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2015

Are we still stuck at 11 of 50? Man that's depressing.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                  Bloodstained
                  • Apr 2015

One of my friends is convinced. So there may soon be a 12th!!!! Hopefully many more after that!

Comment

• Savageman25
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2014

Well I'll be sending in my order now. BHW sold out and isn't making any of there 6.5 Grendel barrels in the near future. They said they are going to evaluate making more but it won't be for 4 or 5 months. So this order will make 12. Come on 38 more. It's getting close to Christmas. All you Scrooges pull out some money and buy everyone you know a faxon 6.5 Grendel barrel and this group buy will hit 50 in no time.

Comment

• IceAxe
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2014

I just ordered a complete ARAK upper from Faxon. I don't know if they will give you credit for another barrel but I wouldn't have known about them if it hadn't been for this forum.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Anyone still on the fence here? It will be a shooter, bbl. BFt did all the research then bounced his ideas off a few of us. We chatted during the previous pizza gorging contest .

Then he adjusted the specs.- to meet the demands of the picky short range shooter. I really like this bbl. Lil more speed, less drag upon the bullets.

Any 5% gain is a plus! Less fouling, less cleaning... Use the cfe 223 powder= never clean much ever again.

Comment

• 2_speed
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2011

C'mon, guys! There is happiness in numbers. At least the first 50. Heh...
                          With the many new folks signing up, I would hope for some more buyers. I think these will be real shooters. I have a couple of polygonal rifled barrels & they shoot great. This design looks to have the best qualities of both poly & standard rifling.
                          Tom

Comment

• cjgemm
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2014

Good specs on this barrel. Would like to see .740 from the gas block to the muzzle though. The Grendel market needs a barrel like this to go into production. Lots of guys don't like to wait, I think thats what is hurting this GB. As far as length 16" is the best compromise. I have/had 12.5", 14.5" and two 18" barrels. Chrono results 2382, 2452 and 2500 respectivly with Hornady factory 123Amax ammo. The difference between 16" and 18" is nothing. In fact one of my 18's a custom made on a Bartlien 5r 8 twist blank clocked at 2480, less then 30fps faster than a $170 Sabre 14.5" left over I picked up from Brownells.

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

BFT, what's the order count up to?

Have you tried to contact - Gander Mtn- Cabela's - to help join in upon this ? Dial them up Johnny, as they love to promote the youth hunts.

This bbl., may help the kids also to actually hit the 12" target @ 100 yds. They can sell the uppers or only the bbl.'s. , later at a reduced price, in the Bargain Cave !
                              Trying to help.

Create a Foundation.com. ?

It's there,,, waiting. hmmmmmm,,,
                              Last edited by sneaky one; 12-26-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• cjgemm
                                Bloodstained
                                • Sep 2014

I was going to suggest AIM Surplus as they already sell Faxon barrles and Grendel ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X