• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RogueNathan
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
    Hey, Drillboss, I've got 100% confidence in the barrel specs. They are my own dream specs for this barrel in the 65G, the result of countless hours of intense research! In later posts in this thread I'll get into the thinking behind some design features.

I do not own, nor have I shot, a Faxon barrel. It is their reputation that precedes them. (Neither have I owned or shot a Bartlein or Krieger, but if I say their reputation precedes them, I'm sure people believe me!). I have been observing Mr. Schueth very carefully in his posts on the various forums for quite a few months now and have been uniformly impressed with his professionalism, commitment to quality and customer service, and his general cheerful disposition. He's been very responsive to my emails (geez, dude, it's the middle of the evening, go home and watch TV!). I don't see reps for, oh, E. R. Shaw involved in the AR community like this; Faxon wants our business and they want to make us happy.

Plus, that satin black QPQ finish looks damn slick!
    I was watching TV.

Yes, the QPQ finish will compliment the barrel nicely.
    The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I think the PQP finish is a great idea and have you thought of an option for adding a matched bolt?
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-14-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

I've thought of it but am wanting to keep the cost down as much as possible, to lower the barrier to entry into the whole 6.5 Grendel program. Assuming this project takes off (very slow start!) we look forward to a lot of barrel length and bolt combo options with Faxon in the future.

But, as Bill Murray kept saying in that one movie, "baby steps. . . ."
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• wraith1516
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Great movie

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Thanks BFT, I understand and if the tolerances are held in the description it shouldn't be an issue if you buy a quality .136 6.5 Grendel Bolt. I just didn't know if you were working on a group buy discount with a bolt supplier.

Comment

• Steamburn
              Warrior
              • Apr 2015

How many have signed up so far?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

It's like all the guys at a high school dance waiting for someone else to be the first one out on the floor!

Or remember those old commercials for Life cereal? "You try it?" "I ain't gonna try it, YOU try it!" "I ain't gonna try it. Hey, let's get Mikey." "He won't eat it, he hates everything." "He LIKES it! Hey, Mikey!"

Anyway, you guys ain't gonna get off THAT easy. Pretty soon I'm gonna post up my rationale for the rifling profile and then you'll be going, "OK. . . . Yeah! I get it!"

And a 5.56 review from Faxon's website: "I ordered this barrel . . . not knowing much about the company and rather worried about what I would be getting since it was a rather unknown company to me before ordering. I now know these are much better quality than anything else in the price range."
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• Fredman
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I asked my beautiful young bride if she would like some Christmas present ideas. A check will be headed your way this week.

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

What type of accuracy have people had with Faxon barrels ?

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                      Bloodstained
                      • Apr 2015

BFT

I will be getting in on this one. I already have a 24 inch and love it but it is a bit long for swinging a shot in river bottom willows. I have a 16 inch Beowulf upper in progress but really want to get in on this as an option. Can one really have too many uppers???

Watch for my down payment next week with the necessary paperwork.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Comment

• Fourm Member
                        Unwashed
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Rugerfan.64 View Post
                        What type of accuracy have people had with Faxon barrels ?
                        I picked up a Faxon SS nitride 16" fluted 5.56 barrel several months ago. With match grade reloads I easily get .75 to 1 MOA. I really like it!

Comment

• 2_speed
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2011

Put me in, Coach! The check is in the mail. (At least the first installment.)

By the way, thanks to BFT or whoever straightened out my hung-up account last week.

Tom

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

Updated the FAQ section with Question 2.

Comment

• lesbaer45
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2015

Would it be a problem to send it the bolt we want to use? Or better to just buy one and not sweat the "matched" bolt/barrel bit?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Sorry, won't be able to custom match bolts. Barrels machined for 0.136" boltface depth, so buy the corresponding bolt and do your due diligence verifying headspace in your build.

Comment

Working...
                                X