X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

By the way, just received the first payment today! Remember that all first installment payments are fully refundable up to the point we have the 50 subscribers and the downpayment is sent to Faxon to build the custom tooling. You will have a week's worth of notice here before the downpayment is forwarded.

Guys, let's make this happen and get another great vendor on board the 6.5 Grendel locomotive for years to come! These vendors want to see what kind of market is out there, so if you've already got three 16" builds yourself, then tell your buddy, your buddy's dog, and your buddy's dog's grandma!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Fredman
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Well, I'm holding back, if only one other person is interested... is that what everyone else is doing?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

I think so! Post #2, the FAQ post, has my running tally. We got the big 02 of 50 sent in their forms and deposits.

Any particular reason you're holding back? Gimme some "market" research here. Not in the market for a 6.5 Grendel barrel? Wrong length? Wrong steel? Vendor untested? Forum administrator untested? Wrong price? Terms too strict? No credit card options? Wrong barrel specs? Anything I missed?

This is a service for the 65G community, so you can be honest. If you're not feelin' this group buy, that's cool. But I'd prefer you and everybody else jump on in! I'm taking a long-term view, and I can see only good from bringing another solid vendor into the fray, but, obviously, there's gotta be demand.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I'm behind this 110 %. I think John mentioned this idea , and asked for some feedback, whilst we chowwed down on zzah a few weeks ago.

I think if more sign up- a sample barrel can be sent out for testing. I'll help him build an upper so BFT can check the accuracy. We talk of BHW rifling often.

The new idea rifling will work out fine, for a hunting weapon . I already told him that I can probably push even the Gmx units 100 fps. faster. Waiting on some pressure data as I type this. Lot's going on behind the scenes. Just a bunch of brat kids here in Mn.

We can develop some loads here in Mn. based on the new rifling, & some pressure data.

But,,,,, someone has to agree to buy these bbls. It's a sweet price for Sammie spec'd tubes.

I paid 249. for my 7.62 x40 WT tube. It is SS tho.

If a tube is enroute to John, cool . I'll help out for building it- testing it. He already asked me for some mad scientist help on getting some speeds up with His design. I'm in with all 3 feet!

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Ummmm, I can get an 80 gr. Gmx t0 3250 fps. Safely with this tube idea. This pill will mimic a 120 std cup core unit in ranges of 300 yds. or less. Think Lazer beam.

It will be the new 6.5 x 55 swede..... Less recoil also. This is cool stuff gang! In an AR pkg. !

Yes, deer will fall down quite easily. Hogs & deer will be tested on tested soon, hopefully. Iv'e sent out a many.

The goal is less rifling constriction- bearing surface- yet more speed upon the best lethal bullets on the market for a hunter. The Gmx- & the E tip units.

Gilding metal is a blend of 95% copper, & 5% zinc. That's the makeup of the previous pills.It becomes 5% lighter per size. Yet 10-15% longer as Iv'e noticed.

The new rifling will fix a few problems from the past.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 08-25-2015, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

4150 barrel steel..5/8X24 muzzle threads..nitride finish inside and outside of barrel.. My wife and daughter took my other 16" Grendels, maybe I can keep this one. You now will have 3 orders gents. This is a great buy for a Grendel spec barrel.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Just got off the fone with Jonny, we agreed that a SS bbl. option would be cool. The Sammie chamber negates the worry of the headspaced bolt.

Put some input into this small group buy. It's a good deal.

Montana, where's your shorty 40?

Comment

• IceAxe
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

I really want another 24"

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

I'm gonna buy a barrel for the kids.. But it's back to school time and I'm juggling $$$...so look for my money. I have a 100% confidence in Faxon barrels.

John Im gonna email you an idea see what you think.
                    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• IceAxe
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2014

I think it would be really sweet if we could order them with their sinizoidal bolts with the dual plungers! I guess I should just get off my duff and call them.

Comment

• tackdriver
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2013

I have already purchased one of the PF bcg's in the last group buy that I won't be using. I will gladly sell it at the group buy price if one of you guys are in need.

Comment

• RogueNathan
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by IceAxe View Post
                          I think it would be really sweet if we could order them with their sinizoidal bolts with the dual plungers! I guess I should just get off my duff and call them.
                          While fun, prohibitively expensive. To run bolts cost effectively, one typically needs 500+ units.

That would be a large group buy!
                          The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• IceAxe
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2014

I bought one of the AR Perf sinusoidal bolt (0.473"head) and extension back when they had them on their site. I had Jay at BHW install it on a 20 inch 450 Bushmaster build. Its worked flawlessly. I just looks so much stronger, and I really like the radius'd corners. I recognize there is a trade off when you increase the bolt diameter the extension will have to lose some material.

Perhaps, it would be more feasible if one were to find a ARAK upper in 6.5 G with their sinusoidal bolt?

Comment

• IceAxe
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

The down side to that order for me would be that I already bought a Seekins upper, lower and handguard for this Grendel build.

Comment

• keystone183
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2013

Don't visit the group buy page for a couple months and look what you might miss!!! I'll get working on sending in an order shortly.

And for you nathan.....if you guys would make a 556 12.5" lightweight in midlength....i'd have one of those, too.....

Comment

Working...
                                X