X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmsims21
    Warrior
    • Nov 2012

That is really nice. I like how you lot the lower shelf.
    www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pinetreebbs View Post
      There are some great press mounting ideas in this thread. Years ago I couldn't decide how/where to mount my press and my workbench was not dedicated to reloading only. My 'temporary' solution was to mount the press on a length of solid 2x8 yellow pine lumber. To use the press I c-clamp it to the bench. It still works well.
      Funny how it works out that way, isn't it? In software, we say that there is no such thing as temporary code. I've seen more lines of "temporary" code than I can count. As far as a piece of 2x8 goes, it's hard to argue with what works, especially when the replacement costs 20x - 100x more.

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
      That is really nice. I like how you lot the lower shelf.
      Thanks. It really helps with these tired, old fart eyes when I've looking for things under there in the evening hours.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Dentite
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2015

Nice! I just left my RCBS Prep Center on it's rubber feet on the bench...so far I haven't need any more stability than that. Now it's time to spend a little more money at Inline and get an ergo roll handle.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Inline Fabrication just announced their Black Friday deals.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale!
          15% off EVERYTHING sitewide thru Monday!

Enter code: blackfriday15 at check-out to receive discount
          Code is good now thru Monday 11/30

Free gear! All orders placed from now until Monday will be entered into a random drawing where ( 3 ) orders be refunded and shipped 100% free!
          These guys really treat you well, and make some top quality stuff. I've been very happy with my mount, and thought the Horde might be interested in ways to spend your blackfridaybucks on some good reloading accessories.

And no, I am not compensated in any way for posting this. Just trying to spread the joy.
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

It's beautiful!
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• 1075 tech
              Warrior
              • Apr 2015

I guess I have to get started on mine. Having no where else to set up, I put together a (very) small "bench" from part of an old bookcase. I had this set up in the corner of my bedroom. Now my wife is tired of having it there and has strongly "suggested" that I make a room in the basement and move my reloading stuff there. I will have nearly a 10'x20' room to work with. Guess I gotta make her happy!

Comment

• dfp23
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2015

IMG_1450.jpg

Threw a little color on mine

IMG_1529.jpgIMG_1531.jpg

...and with my junk on it

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Very nice! Be careful about the powder build up that will happen in your carpet. I'd a t a minimum put a large rubber mat under your table.
                  "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• dfp23
                    Bloodstained
                    • Nov 2015

Yep already found out the hard way! Cleaned it up before the ol lady saw it- haha

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Primers are always exciting to vacuum up. I worked in a retail store many years ago where the owner's son just loved to suck them up, in addition to firing off 12 GA blanks unexpectedly before closing time.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• lrgrendel
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                        I really appreciate the various ideas offered for press mounting, and I believe they have led me to a satisfactory choice.

I went with a dual approach. For the presses, I decided to use the InlineFabrication mounts, anchored into the 2x6 frame. After looking the system over, it really was a no brainer. While the Lee Bench Mount system looked promising (and cheaper), it was rejected because it cannot accommodate my Hornady LNL AP. Bwaite's trailer hitch solution was astonishingly effective, but my circle of friends does not include welders and metal workers.

As far as other bench accessories go, I mounted these onto sections of the 3/4" plywood, drilled to allow star knobs to secure them to the bench. Yes, I actually managed to poke a few more holes, but it was easier once I had the press setup made. Felt feet on the bottom of the wooden mounts help reduce additional marring of the bench top.

Again, many thanks to the Horde for their enthusiastic advice.
                        Finally thinking of moving from my garage to inside.
                        The above bench looks exactly what I am looking for. I will be mounting my presses permanently.

Don't have time or knowledge to build from scratch.
                        Does anyone know of any "kits" that are available?

Thanks.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
                          Finally thinking of moving from my garage to inside.
                          The above bench looks exactly what I am looking for. I will be mounting my presses permanently.

Don't have time or knowledge to build from scratch.
                          Does anyone know of any "kits" that are available?

Thanks.
                          Congrats - you won't regret it.

As far as kits go, I've not seen a single one I would own. There were a few, including some made from particle board, but all of them left me underwhelmed.

$350

$100 - $150

And one fairly promising one at Harbor Freight for $160 - if it's still available in your store...
                          Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Good Luck!

Comment

• lrgrendel
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                            Congrats - you won't regret it.

As far as kits go, I've not seen a single one I would own. There were a few, including some made from particle board, but all of them left me underwhelmed.

$350

$100 - $150

And one fairly promising one at Harbor Freight for $160 - if it's still available in your store...
                            Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Good Luck!
                            Thanks for reply.
                            They might be a bit basic!!

I'll keep looking...

Comment

Working...
                            X