• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 79inpa
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

so what barrel are you running?

Just out of curiosity what barrel maker made your stick? How much did it cost you and how does it shoot? also what profile do you guys have?

Additionally can a person install a tall m4 front sight on any grendel barrel?
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

12.5" Lilja Nitrided barrel still waiting on it. So haven't shot it but I know it'll shoot great. Was in group buy here so price wouldn't be the same.

You can get a front sight added but since you can get Magpul rear and front sight for upper and end of rail no reason to do it.

The cheapest barrel you can get that everyone knows that will shoot is a black hole weaponry. Pick your length, if you want fluting and cerakote. The .264lbc chamber from them shoots the Grendel and is the least expensive. Tell them you want a type 2 bolt. If you don't make any changes the Precisionfirearms BHW barrel will be a shooter too Itll be 325.00
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• badmoon692008
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2015

Shooting a Precision Firearms chambered BHW barrel... 18" Shoots great, affordable at $325 and shoots better than I can, I have no complaints...

IMG_6923.jpg

This is after I dropped the gun off the bench, but it shows how well it groups at 100 yards...

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I have a 16" carbine length chrome moley J&T Distributing upper I bought in 2009. My second 6.5 Grendel is a 20" Shilen High Power Match profile barrel I got from Midway for about $450 back in 2010. I'm using a PSA upper with Houge over moldded float tube and JP adjustable gas block. I set up my 16" 6.5 Grendel to match my duty AR-15 and have about $450 in the complete J&T upper. I'm using RRA National Match lower parts kits with both my 6.5 Grendels with 6 position collapsable stocks. My J&T rides on a Double Star lower while my Shilen rides on a PSA lower.

Comment

• wfa17332
          Bloodstained
          • May 2015

Running a SLIM profile 18" BHW barrel, V7 Systems "Basic" upper (no forward assist/bolt cover); lower depends on what isn't "in use" at the time. The entire rifle, with optics (K6 Weaver), weighs 7lbs on an M4 lower, 7.5lbs with A2 lower. Groups hover around 1 MOA depending on load, conditions, and mostly my ability (or lack of same). The A2 is much easier to shoot from the bench, so I use that for load testing; the M4 type lower is for "more serious" use. MOA accuracy from any "hunting" rifle, be it bolt or semi, is much more than sufficient.

Comment

• CastorTroy
            Warrior
            • Mar 2015

20" shilen barrel and matched bolt that i had reprofiled. shot this at 200 yards

123gr sst, 8208 xbr, cci41 primers, hornady brass

Comment

• Mesa1978
              Warrior
              • May 2015

24" AA Overwatch LW
              24" AR-Stoner 6.5 Grendel
              24" PF Lilja - Unfired
              20" Shilen DCM

They all shoot well. The Stoner shot some 1/4 MOA groups yesterday with 123 Scenars.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

16" AA/ER Shaw Stainless MLGS medium gov't-ish, $269 barrel/bolt combo through Midway in 2009, has averaged MOA over many different loads
                16" Lilja Wasp group buy, unfired
                18" Lilja Wasp Profile group buy a solid .75 MOA gun, very light
                18" Satern fluted $565?
                22.5" Lilja Fluted AR24 group buy $580 I think
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

I think once you get a grendel, you get another one. Lol
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• mwilkins
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2014

24" Satern 1:8.75 twist with TBAC suppressor.

Last three rounds for the day at 400 yards.

Will be headed to Top Gun tomorrow to dial in out to 500. Anyone from the Dallas area headed that way post up.

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

19.5" AA (early Lothar Walther) Heavy-ish GDMR style profile
                      14.5" Sabre Defence M4 profile
                      10.5" AA (Sabre Defence) light/medium profile

19.5" shoots sub MOA easily with a variety of loads
                      14.5" shoots around MOA, sub if it gets something it really likes.
                      10.5" seems to shoot well, but I use an Aimpoint on it, so I've never actually evaluated it for mechanical accuracy.

No barrel prices, because they were complete uppers that I later modded. They aren't available in that config anymore anyway though.

12.5" Lilja group buy .72" profile (IIRC), with dimple fluting in the works, so no data yet.
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• PredatorDown
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2014

22" JP Enterprises heavy profile -- $580

Shoots 1/2-5/8 MOA at 100 all day long with my pet load, usually MOA or better with most other loads. Will also hold MOA out to 1000 yards most days

Comment

• lead chucker
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

18" Saturn, shoots .75" or better if I can hold it with my loads. Think I paid $570 back in 2011.
                          12.5" BHW 264 lbc chamber. So far everything Iv shot through it has been .5" at 100 with my loads. $250

Comment

• NugginFutz
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

BHW 22" 264LBC, Bull Barrel, 1:9 twist. $250.
                            BHW 18" 264LBC Standard Profile, 1:8 twist. $225.

Groups that look like these...

22" BBL, 5 shots @ 100 yards.

18" Std, 5 shots @ 100 yards (finger covers called flier)

Priceless.
                            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Jakal
                              Warrior
                              • May 2014

AR740: .975" diameter in front of the barrel extension with the Wasp section turned to a diameter of .750" and then tapering back up to .975" diameter at the gas block. The gas block section is turned to .750" and from the gas block to the muzzle the diameter is .740". The barrel length is 20" including the barrel extension and is set for a rifle-length gas system. The muzzle end is threaded .5/8's x 24 TPI (threading is not shown in this image). Weight is 2.23 pounds. Engraved: Lilja AR 6.5 Grendel 8T. To see a .pdf drawing of the profile - Click here     We also have for sale a 6.5 Grendel bolt made by Maxim Firearms. This bolt is a perfect match for our 6.5 Grendel barrels. Machined from certified 9310 AQ (aircraft quality) steel Bolts are a Matte black; phosphate finish Completely assembled with extractor, rings, and ejector, ready for installation into your bolt carrier Also referred to as "Type II" bolt which has a .136" bolt face depth

This listing is for Barrel and Bolt Only!!! 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Cut Rifled Barrel 5R Rifling 1-8 Twist Stainless .720 Muzzle target crowned .750 Gas Block - Medium HBAR Profile Rifle Gas System PF Bolt matched to barrel by us Chambered in house to extreme match specifications Test Fired with 3 rounds Options: Fluted with 6 flutes Front and Back sections inhouse by PF Fluted with 8 Flutes Front and Back Threaded 5/8x24 Lead time Uppers get are 6-8 weeks, Barrels are 10-12 weeks.
                              ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

Working...
                              X