• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MKo
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Where to shoot in Wisconsin

I've noticed there's couple of members on this board from WI as well. I'm new to the state and I'd be happy to receive pointers where you guys go to shoot especially longer ranges (+300yds).
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • badmoon692008
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2015

Where in Wisconsin are you? Van Dyne is where a few of us shoot, but only ranges out to 200 yards. There's a public range in Shiocton that has targets out to 500 (claimed 500... I'm told the gongs are actually at 570, and my bullet drop calculator agrees.) I'd be interested to hear about some longer ranges as well as those are the only two I frequent. Twin Cities Rod and Gun club just west of the fox valley has ranges out to 300 as well.

Comment

• m796rider
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

Winnequah Gun Club near Lodi has a 1500 yard range if you want to shoot that far out. We also have steel silhouettes out to 600 yards or so (I think - things have changed a lot over the last couple of years at the club).

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Mko - try this link.

You can filter by quite a number of factors, including distances.

This is the list of ranges using only distances as the filtering criteria.

300 yards
        Shawano Gun Club, Inc., Shawano WI 54166

Dunn County Colfax Shooting Range, Colfax WI 54730
        Florence County Shooting Range, Florence WI 54121
        Holmen Rod and Gun Club, Holmen WI 54636
        M & M Sportshop and Shooting Range, LLC, New Lisbon WI 53950
        Manchester Rod & Gun Club, Manchester WI 53946
        McMiller Sports Center, Eagle WI 53119
        Menomonie Range, Menomonie WI 54751
        Minong Shooting and Trap Range, Minong WI 54859
        Rice Lake Rod & Gun Club, Rice Lake WI 54868
        Southwest Wisconsin Sportsmen Club, Potosi WI 53820
        Twin City Rod and Gun Club, Greenville WI 54957

500+ yards
        Ripon Rifle and Pistol Club, Ripon WI 54971
        Winnequah Gun Club - Outdoor, Lodi WI 53555

Lincoln Gun Club, Merrill WI 54452

I don't know how comprehensive the list is, but it seems to be fairly complete. They also have a mobile app for both iOS and Android, in case you need on-the-fly help locating a shooting spot.

And, since you've apparently relocated, you might as well update your profile since it still indicates your still living within 40 meters of hell. I'm certain you'll find Wisconsin more to your liking, as it is close to Finland's climate than AZ ever would be.
        Last edited by NugginFutz; 08-18-2015, 05:15 PM.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• MKo
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2014

Thanks guys for the input. 300yds is nice to test things but the fun starts after 500.
          @BadMoon. I'm located MKE area.

@NugginFutz. Well beer here in WI is cold as it was in AZ.
          Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• SSK shooter
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2015

Winnequah by lodi as mentioned by m796rider. There is a silhouette range that is 500 meters and longest you can go with the grendel is 1000 yards unless you shoot 139gr or heavier. It is a private club so you would have to join or go with a member. Its not hard to join- fill out an application, pay $195, help on a work day, go to a couple meetings. McMiller sports center has out to 300 yards and is a pay for the day range, just have to deal with range officers watching everything. Columbus has 200 and a 600 but again members only and last i knew the 600 is only open for matches and when a ro is around. Plus there is a class involved no matter how much experience you have. I was there last year for hunters sight in and a guy was saying he denied a swat team access until they took his class.

Comment

Working...
            X