• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwh
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

Krieger offering 6.5 grendel chambering for AR VARMATCH

I was on the krieger order page getting a new barrel for my 223 today and I noticed that they now offer chambering for 6x45, 6.5 grendel and 6.8 SPC2 on their order page in addition to the 223 chambers. I've shot out a few of their 223 VARMATCH barrels and these barrels have been well worth the money as long as you remember to order the next barrel before the old barrel stops shooting. These barrels also come with an amazingly large gas block.

Has anyone ordered one of these? Did you have to send them a bolt?
  • bronco_buster
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

I'm considering the same barrel. From my understanding, to have it chambered, they need your bolt to set headspace. So, I believe you need to send that in.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm debating a Krieger barrel chambered by Krieger vs a Krieger barrel chambered by Precision...can anyone add insight into THAT dilemma?

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Hmm, what's the cost for the Krieger? I would like to know what reamer they use and/or chamber drawing.

I know Krieger will do a fantastic job since its there rep on the line. I'm sure it'll be cheaper to if from Krieger. Since they are mfg, but you can't go wrong with what ever you choose.
      Last edited by am4966; 08-19-2015, 04:12 PM.
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• rwh
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

I called Krieger today and asked about their grendel chamber. They said their reamer was "SAAMI minimum spec with no modifications". You do need to send in a bolt. The complete cost for a chambered varmatch barrel with shipping is $490. Their current lead time is about 5 months. I think Precision Firearms has a much shorter lead time and the two barrels I have from them are both excellent.
        Last edited by rwh; 08-19-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• martkin64
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2015

If you get a chance check out Dead Shot Barrels. .. Out of Orgon... I have been real happy with my barrel and so have 3 of my friends... All in Grendel.. and you can get a Barrel and a match bolt for less than $400..

Deadshotbarrels.com

Comment

• wraith1516
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Got a 20"threaded bull barrel with bolt for $342 from blackhole weaponry samii spec grendel chamber

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by martkin64 View Post
              If you get a chance check out Dead Shot Barrels. .. Out of Orgon... I have been real happy with my barrel and so have 3 of my friends... All in Grendel.. and you can get a Barrel and a match bolt for less than $400..

Deadshotbarrels.com
              Did you get the Krieger blank? What profile did you get, I'm really curious about his barrels, my laptop is broke and his format won't let me see everything for a quote. Can only see 2 rows of cerakote
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• martkin64
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                Did you get the Krieger blank? What profile did you get, I'm really curious about his barrels, my laptop is broke and his format won't let me see everything for a quote. Can only see 2 rows of cerakote
                I got the 22.5 inch barrel with a milled comp. HBAR rifle length .750 gas block with a match bolt 1:9 twist.... FDE cerakoted. For $390 and it shoots great he does good work....oh ya.. it's chromoly. But he does have stainless options.

Comment

• bronco_buster
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2014

He's selling his own barrels not selling Krieger barrels? I don't see how those could be Krieger blanks.

Comment

• rwh
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2014

I sent him a request for a quote for a 26 inch hbar profile krieger stainless 1-8 twist. I expect there will be a premium for the krieger barrel.

Comment

• tackdriver
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2013

You can essayed him on facebook, I asked about a dbl fluted Kreiger 22"bull w/target crown and he said $600 ish

Comment

• rvicta
                        Unwashed
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by rwh View Post
                        I was on the krieger order page getting a new barrel for my 223 today and I noticed that they now offer chambering for 6x45, 6.5 grendel and 6.8 SPC2 on their order page in addition to the 223 chambers. I've shot out a few of their 223 VARMATCH barrels and these barrels have been well worth the money as long as you remember to order the next barrel before the old barrel stops shooting. These barrels also come with an amazingly large gas block.

Has anyone ordered one of these? Did you have to send them a bolt?
                        I purchased a 24" VarMatch barrel from Krieger and yes, you have to send your bolt, completely disassembled.

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
                          You can essayed him on facebook, I asked about a dbl fluted Kreiger 22"bull w/target crown and he said $600 ish
                          That's a great price on a Krieger blank double fluted. Did that come with a bolt?

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• tackdriver
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2013

I didn't ask because I assumed it did not

Comment

• rwh
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2014

I ordered one of these barrels in August and it came on Wednesday. I got the 26 inch barrel chambered by Krieger. I took it to the range today and test fired some loads of N133 with CCI 41 primers and 108 scenars (hBN coated). I fired four shot groups with loads of N133 from 26.8gr up to 27.8 gr. The worst group was .876 MOA, best group was .378 MOA. All in all this looks like a great barrel. One thing I did notice is that the fired necks measure between .297 and .298, not the .300 I expected from a SAAMI spec chamber. If it keeps shooting like this I won't complain.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X