• jim_bob
    Warrior
    • Jul 2014

Nice shooting rwh!

Comment

• rwh
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

I think I got a bad chamber in the new barrel from Krieger. I measured the OAL to the lands and 108 scenars hit the lands at an OAL of 2.225, and 130 gr berger AR hybrids hit the lands at an OAL of 2.260. The OAL for the scenars is over .100 shorter than the OAL I measured for the last barrel from PF. This cannot be a standard SAAMI chamber. I am waiting to hear back from Krieger with details on the reamer they used to cut the chamber. Accuracy is great, but the throat is too short for anything other than hand loaded ammo, and even then the short length cuts into the usable case capacity. If this barrel didn't shoot so well I would be mad.

Comment

• jim_bob
        Warrior
        • Jul 2014

Sorry to hear your issues regarding the chamber of the Krieger. One of the great aspects of the 6.5 Grendel is the availability and accuracy of factory ammo.

Comment

• rwh
          Warrior
          • Jun 2014

Throating a chamber isn't a big deal. Sending the barrel back and having to wait to get it back is a pain. No idea what kind of turnaround to expect from Krieger. The barrel took four months. Another four months puts me into next season. Might be easier to have a local gunsmith throat the chamber than to deal with sending the barrel back for rework. This is the last barrel I buy chambered. From now on I am going to take my barrel and reamer to my gunsmith and have him do it.

Comment

Working...
          X