• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Buyers Guide for AR Parts

My recent build has prompted me to look for things that I normally just read but never tag. I haven't seen any posts specifically like what I am proposing. Anyway here goes.

I know people ask the question a lot what should I buy or what would you recommend buying for x application. so here is the challenge.

Put together a list of components based on the type of build into one thread so that it can be easily viewed. And then parsed out into categories for more specific viewing

Categories:

1. No Budget Build: this includes what you would buy or recommend for someone with out a budget. Think wildest dreams go all out.

2. Budget build: You still want a reliable gun but you just either want to plink or go hunting a couple of times a year. Think average distance 0-300 yards

3. Accuracy on a budget: You want some good quality components but you have some limitations in your budget but still want to shoot out at 500+ but don't want to do it from a cardboard box after the wife kicks you out. (I'm sure there will be reasons for skimping on some parts please feel free to add reasons way one part and not another)

List of components to include. Categories

1. Scope and mounts
    2. All upper components (Receiver, barrel, gas block, gas tube, hand guard, barrel nut, ect.)
    3. All lower components (Receiver, stock, buffer, spring, and tube, trigger, grip, Parts kit, ect.)

Almost forgot. Feel free to list as many parts in descending order of the top part isn't available. Say top 3 or 5 for the category
    Last edited by Kikn; 08-25-2015, 11:00 PM.
  • Nick
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

What kind of budget for the budget builds?

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      What kind of budget for the budget builds?
      No specific dollar amount just be frugal as if you were going to build a cheap gun to shoot with that would fit into that category

Comment

Working...
      X