Can't seem to find the correct primer shell holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Shooter
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2015

Can't seem to find the correct primer shell holder.

I've used a Lee Auto Prime to load literally thousands of shells. Despite my experience, I can't seem to find the correct shell holder. The Nbr 1 is just a tad too small and the Nbr 2 has an awful lot of slop in it. Shells pop out infrequently. I have to rotate about 25% of the shells in the holder before it will seat a primer.
    Who might have the solution to this quandry?
  • Bwild97
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Use a #12 holder

Comment

• Old Shooter
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2015

I am using a Redding Die Set which calls for their #12 shell holder. The Redding #12 equates to the Lee #1 on paper. Redding also calls for their #12 for the .357 mags. I'm half way thinking that with a light touch with the every present Dremel that I can polish the Lee #1 to where it works and still do the .357s on those rare occasions that I have to prime them. Does that sound logical BWil97? EDIT.... Having my head in the up and locked position I assumed you were referring to the Redding... Just looked on Lee page and found a Lee #12 in both shell holders and hand prime. I jumped to quick earlier in this post. I appreciate your help.
      Last edited by Old Shooter; 08-26-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Old Shooter
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2015

Roger that! I ordered both the hand prime shell holder and the shell holder for the press. Hope to have them here by 1 Aug so I can load up the 200 cases I've prepped. Thank you guys for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X