• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m796rider
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by lawndartmike View Post
    Last week I got my 10 boxes of the PPU 120gr HPBT rounds. Based on some of the other reviews I thought they sounded like a great vale! 50 cents a round and brass cases for reloading - who could ask for more.

Well, I just fired 75 rounds and I am not impressed. For just blasting ammo it will do. For actually shooting groups I will buy brass and reload. I went from .5 MOA shooting reloads to 2.5 MOA (best 5 shot group at 100yds) shooting the PPU. I grabbed 5 reloads and shot a .75 MOA so I know it was rifle not liking the ammo. It also took an exceptionally long time to get the bore/bolt clean. I would say twice as much buildup as using my AA2015 hand loads.

I reloaded the 75 cases today and found most of the primer pockets loose. So they have turned out to not be the value I was looking for and I wont be buying any more.
    At these prices I don't have a problem just tossing the brass, and my 15.5" AA barrel routinely produces 1 MOA groups with this round. I guess as with everything, YMMV.

Comment

• Wonk
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2015

At least yours functioned. Mine would not feed from the magazine. The tip of the bullet jams into the front of the mag when bolt tries to strip the round. ??

Comment

• lawndartmike
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2015

Check the Berger Bullets reloading manual. I'm loading 24.5gr of 2015 with the A-Max 100gr bullet. I'm getting repeatable.5 MOA with that.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Palmetto State Armory has PPU 120 grain BTHP on sale for $9.99 a box for anyone needing ammo.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ds-pp6-31.html
          It just came back in stock at the same price. I only bought 50 boxes so there'd be some left for you guys.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• din
            Warrior
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            It just came back in stock at the same price. I only bought 50 boxes so there'd be some left for you guys.
            You're such a giver. Alas, somebody else isn't, already OOS again.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Dang! That was fast. I just happened to see the notification email pop-up while I was at a red light. I whipped into a gas station, ordered some, and THEN emailed my buddies and posted here. Two already emailed me back saying it was gone.

I'm wondering if maybe they didn't actually get a new shipment and instead just found some leftovers under another pile.

Keep your notifications set. It'll probably be back.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                Warrior
                • Mar 2015

As of the time of my post, it looks like these are still showing "in stock".

There have been a lot of differing opinions about this brass. I have 10 boxes on order, and I really hope I can get more than 3-5 reloads out of my brass.

Comment

• wfa17332
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2015

What lot(s) seem to have the primer pocket issue? I've shot up a bunch of Lot #1503 and have had no issues, good accuracy (MOA or just slightly more). The lot number is on the inside of one of the box flaps.

Comment

Working...
                  X