X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

I can't say that I believe it matters much anymore. Given the unlikeliness that this company is ever going to rebirth itself (even under a new name), I doubt that these bullets are ever going to become commonly available.

In other words, I think those that have them are in possession of the last of their kind product.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• customcutter
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
      I can't say that I believe it matters much anymore. Given the unlikeliness that this company is ever going to rebirth itself (even under a new name), I doubt that these bullets are ever going to become commonly available.

In other words, I think those that have them are in possession of the last of their kind product.
      But for those with lathes and cutting down GMX's, or making bullets from copper or brass rod, inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
        But for those with lathes and cutting down GMX's, or making bullets from copper or brass rod, inquiring minds want to know.
        Well, there is that.

As I have neither lathe or swaging tools, I seldom think in those terms.
        Last edited by NugginFutz; 12-08-2015, 04:21 AM.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• customcutter
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

I did find a thread on Long Range Hunting Forum. Apparently one of the members there, couldn't get 155gr .30 cal to shoot under 1.5" at 100 yds. He also posted about another bullet (not W3p) shooting 5" groups at 1000yds. So I don't think it was the shooter. LOL

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I have some of the 90 grn. W3 pills- aluminum tip. Bwild does also. He told me the accuracy was so-so, on a first try. They are short for loading in an ar mag. I plan to load

One at a time- loaded to 2.455. in my chamber. All are different- always check yours with each bullet, even from the same lot number!-- Same box !

If loaded to 2.26--- the end of brass at neck- won't even touch the bullet. A mega crimp would be needed to even touch the bullet--- to no avail-
            Last edited by sneaky one; 12-08-2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X