• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CastorTroy
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

Finally an alternative to butler creek

I've been looking for an alternative to butler creek stuff for a while. The last few scope covers I got from them were flimsy junk, including objective covers that will not stay closed. Recently, I was made aware of a small company called Aadland Engineering. Their stuff is not cheap($100 for a set of flip up scope covers), but I am very impressed with them. The objective cover has a screw for adjusting tension, and it is TIGHT. Their caps also swing a full 270 degrees, so they wont take up field of view like BC scope covers.

Everything about these scope covers seems over built, and impressive. If you're as sick of the flimsy BC stuff as I am, I'd highly recommend checking them out.
  • Jackem
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

In the last couple of years I switched to this: www.scopeshieldalaska.com For $20 the whole scope is protected, easy on an off, and it stays on the the rifle. Customer service is excellent too.

No affiliation other than being a repeat satisfied customer.

Just an FYI,

Jack

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Yes, Aadland Engineering is a forum member here, and those scope caps are overbuilt. I've lost track of how many Butler Creek caps I've seen broken or lost.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Allen
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

I have their caps and their mount on my 6-24 Vortex. They are very nice. Glad I bought them back when I had some money.

Comment

• PredatorDown
          Warrior
          • Jun 2014

When I get around to getting a March scope I'm going to be putting them on it. I've got their select-a-slope mount on my Grendel with both their 30 and 50 moa inserts, and I promise you it is as overbuilt as their caps. You absolutely can't go wrong with them

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Allen View Post
            Glad I bought them back when I had some money.
            LOL! I can relate!
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• devildogandboy
              Warrior
              • Sep 2015

those look well made and best of all, USA 100%! i would like to get a set whenever i can afford the Burris XTR II. i wonder how much they will cost then? LOL

Bruce
              HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• Kikn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

Bookmarking this for the future. I can't hit the field hardly without breaking a BC convert...could have bought two sets of these already.

Comment

Working...
                X