• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EPeterson
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2014

factory seconds and blems at Midway

There's a sale at Midway right now I believe for Hornady bullets, including the 123gr amax. You can use ORDEROFF15 for another $15 off some amount. I paid about 300 and the discount worked.
  • 204 AR
    Warrior
    • Sep 2015

Thanks for the heads up! $100 is the cutoff for the discount. I ordered 5 boxes 123 blems for $103 delivered with the discount.

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

What makes these "blems"?

Comment

• EPeterson
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
        What makes these "blems"?
        Midway states:
        "MidwayUSA has just made a huge purchase of blemished bullets and we are passing the savings to our customers. Blemished bullets are bulk-packaged, factory seconds that didn't meet specification. For majority of the bullets being offered, this blemish is a slight discoloration in the jacket or the bullets were run during press set-up. Hurry, quantities are limited and at these prices they won't last long!"

I've personally shot thousands of blemish/factory seconds from Midway as well as SPS. No real difference besides discoloration at times, in my experience.

Comment

• joedirt199
          Warrior
          • Jul 2015

I bought blemished 75 grain hornady 223 bullets a while back and couldn't see anything wrong with them. They shoot great and are a great buy. Looks like the seconds are the nosler ballistic tips as the polymer tips are grey. Still a good price
          Last edited by joedirt199; 10-03-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• 204 AR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

My last batch of blems from them, about 6 or 7 per box of the 123's had a visible "dent" in the jacket near the tip. However they shot just as well as the others, even at 500 yds+. I've also got some 20 cal bullets where some had the tips shoved back into the jacket on some of them. They also shot fine. I did get some 165 gr 30's where the boattail wasn't quite right and they didn't seem to shoot as well.

IMO there is some risk with these Hdy bullets, but I've bought a pile of them in the past and the vast majority of them were great.

Comment

• bja1981
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2015

All the bless I have bought from Midway over the years have either been slightly tarnished or the cannelure sin the wrong place. I have had one bullet out of 1500+ that was damaged.

Comment

• rasp65
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

Sometimes when they start runs of different bullets they run some through and make adjustments until they get the uniformity they desire. They can sell these bullets cheap without their name on them.

Comment

• bja1981
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2015

Ordered bullets Saturday evening and they were sitting at my door when I got home from work today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• customcutter
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2014

yes thanks for the heads ups. Just ordered and used the code, and still working.

Comment

• tasty_chicken
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jul 2015

I just ordered 5 boxes worth and the code worked for me as well. Thanks!

Comment

• frismanis
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2015

Ordered 1000 of them. They are Hornady. I haven't found any that aren't usable, but haven't loaded and shot any yet.

Comment

• M60gov20
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2015

Looks like they are out?

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

Ordered a few boxes today (still haven't shot up the 500 I ordered the last time they had 123 Amax as blems) but at $20 a box, couldn't resist - PLUS the $15 off code was still working.
                            My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

Working...
                            X