What is considered the most accurate production 6.5 Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spear Dane
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2015

What is considered the most accurate production 6.5 Grendel?

As stated in title. Thank you for your opinions.
    and when you all get shot and cannot carry on, though you die, la resistance lives on.
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Could you be a little more specific please? Are you talking just mass produced rifles or are you including any shop that sells a complete rifle?
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Spear Dane
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2015

Any complete rifle.
      and when you all get shot and cannot carry on, though you die, la resistance lives on.

Comment

• AZ. Old Guy
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

My Lother Walther from Sun Devil.
        NRA Lifer

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

It's going to be hard to beat Precision Firearms.
          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

Hard to beat anything PF puts out. Mark builds some nice Grendels. Both of mine are dead on accurate!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• M60gov20
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2015

I'm very impressed with my JP.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Having shot a lot of different Grendel's, it's going to be a toss-up between:

AA with a premium barrel
                Precision Firearms
                JP
                Les Baer (.264 LBC-AR)

I've seen AA Grendel's shoot into the .25 MOA region for 8 rounds. BWaites has one that does that.

I've rapid-fired several 5rd groups into the .3's with PF guns using Bartlein or Lilja barrels.

The JP's are meant to be lightweight, and run with no felt recoil, while being able to shoot 10rds into 1 MOA rapidly.

Les Baer has a rifle that has exceeded 20,000rds and is still shooting sub 1/2 MOA.

Any shop that knows what they are doing can assemble a tack-driving, varmint/long range-grade accuracy AR15 in 6.5 Grendel, and the companies listed above have been doing so for many years now.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Having shot a lot of different Grendel's, it's going to be a toss-up between:

AA with a premium barrel
                  Precision Firearms
                  JP
                  Les Baer (.264 LBC-AR)

I've seen AA Grendel's shoot into the .25 MOA region for 8 rounds. BWaites has one that does that.
                  I actually have 2, a 20" and a 28" that both do that. My 28" has several sub .2 groups and regularly shoots sub .25. I also have a 16" with an AA barrel that may actually outshoot the other two, I just don't have enough rounds yet to prove it. Its waiting for a cerakote job.

Comment

• SG4247
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2013

Les Baer either in .223 or .264 LBC.
                    Last edited by SG4247; 10-08-2015, 01:06 AM.
                    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• 81police
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2013

I'd put money on JP Enterprise Grendels.
                      John 11:25-26

Comment

• silverduck
                        Unwashed
                        • Nov 2015

Mark at Precision Firearms; I won two 600Y F-classes this year with one of his barrels and ammo. I am old and only a fair shot but sometimes I go to the range before a match and it gets boring; all the rounds go in the same hole.

Comment

• Klem
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

My view is that the biggest influencer of accuracy it is in the quality of the barrel. Look to the barrels favoured by Target Rifle, F Class or Bench Rest shooters. Then narrow it down to those producing them in AR profiles. Then specifically the 6.5GR. That narrows it down Krieger, Lilja and Shilen. Other barrel makers either don't do AR profiles or are not favoured by shooting disciplines that disproportionally focus on accuracy.

If you don't want to build the gun yourself then find a reputable gunsmith who is willing to use one of these barrels. Be careful however as some gunsmiths have deals going with barrel manufacturers and will want to talk you into a barrel or furniture with more profit margin in it for them. Or maybe because they have certain barrels in stock. There's a couple of regular posters here who might build you a best-accuracy gun for a fair price (not me). The AR is a very modular piece of kit and it's not rocket science to put one together with every single part exactly what you want. Off-the-shelf guns with best quality barrels are available but they may come with furniture that is not to your liking. If you speak to the owner then at this niche level of precision everything is negotiable, especially if you are reasonable and polite with your wish list.

Comment

• leftyman
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2015

Reading some of the PRS blogs, there are listings of most popular barrels,actions , and optics the pros use, but the ar and grendel have become something very different than what's on the rack at Scheels, Cabelas, etc. I think thats the brilliance of it. I can CHOOSE exactly what I want where. If anything, there's too much choice. Things I love and things I kick myself for buying. That is my biggest concern as an owner of few weapons, knowing what to grab and what to avoid.

Comment

• Lakeray
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2014

PF.

Comment

Working...
                              X