• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Reloading armoir????

Relocating from my garage to inside the house. I need to get something with doors where you can see nothing when they are closed. One problem may be getting something where the doors will close even with the press sticking out.

Also mounting of the press, it needs to be solid. Willing to spend a little money but not build it. It needs to look "good" and keep you know who happy.

Any ideas would be great.
    The photo is just to give an idea.
  • customcutter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Your going about it all wrong. You need to get "you know who", involved in the shooting sports. Then "you know who" will be more open to the reloading being out in the OPEN! I'm sure she has a room where all of her stuff is out for immediate access, so do likewise.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

I just close the door to the reloading / gun cave. Nothing visible at all.

Here's a pic of something like what you're describing...

Or, check out these creative solutions involving built-in closets...

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• lrgrendel
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
        Your going about it all wrong. You need to get "you know who", involved in the shooting sports. Then "you know who" will be more open to the reloading being out in the OPEN! I'm sure she has a room where all of her stuff is out for immediate access, so do likewise.
        Do you post a lot on Snipers Hide..............

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post

Here's a pic of something like what you're describing...

Or, check out these creative solutions involving built-in closets...

The first photo is exactly what I am looking for! May have to do a little more than I planned!

Comment

• PA_Allen
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
            The first photo is exactly what I am looking for! May have to do a little more than I planned!
            Hey Irgrendel,
            The top picture is actually an old picture of my reloading setup. I guess I posted that pic a long time ago. I'll try to take an updated photo tomorrow. It's a great setup for secure equipment in your house.
            Here are the plans:
            Web Hosting from Just Host. Professional Web hosting services with free domain name, unlimited web hosting space and unlimited bandwidth.

- PA

Comment

• lrgrendel
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

Reloading closet

Hey PA Allen

Thank you for the plans.
              These are photos of a small closet in the same room. I think it is too small though.
              What do you think??

It is 80" high. 40" wide. 20" deep

Comment

• customcutter
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Do you post a lot on Snipers Hide..............
                I don't think I've ever posted there, but it is possible. If I did, it's under the same user name. I have read some post there when I was looking for a scope for my Grendel a couple of years ago. Finally settled on a Vortex 2.5X10X44PST. It was in my budget and had good reviews, and can't beat the warranty or CS.

Why do you ask?

Edit: I think I did post a few times in the classifieds, but that's it. IIRC.
                Last edited by customcutter; 10-08-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• customcutter
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                  That's what I'm talking about! If she doesn't want to see it, then she doesn't have to open the door, or go in.

Comment

• PA_Allen
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Hey PA Allen

Thank you for the plans.
                    These are photos of a small closet in the same room. I think it is too small though.
                    What do you think??

It is 80" high. 40" wide. 20" deep
                    The plans I used are specifically for a corner cabinet application and would not be the best for your closet. It works great for the corner of a room though and keeps your stuff protected from your kids friends, etc...

Here are a couple of pics closed and open. I've moved my single stage RCBS press to a moveable mount that I can slide over and use with this cabinet or at my workbench.

- PA

Comment

Working...
                    X