• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Has there been any movement on this bill - political comment removed -
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 11-04-2015, 03:16 AM. Reason: Partisan derogatory remark can be inflammatory.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      The taxes that have been illegally extracted need to be refunded. That puts a lot of teeth and incentive into the bill across a pretty wide range of people who have been fleeced by this BC for years.

In the strict gun ownership climate of Scandinavia, I have been able to buy and sell a suppressor face to face without any government intrusion at all, and have seen them literally on the shelves next to bait and tackle at fudd stores.
      most countries come to a logical conclusion that suppressors are accessories, it would be like bannign scopes because you can kill from afar.

as far as movement it will be a while before we see anything. they will push back wanting changes we will push forward with some middle ground and we will either come to an agreement and put it to vote or itll just fall flat.

well thats how it happens if i remember correctly.

Comment

• din
        Warrior
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by motoxxx_ryder View Post
        ...it would be like banning scopes because you can kill from afar.
        Shhh, don't give them ideas.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

This is still waiting to gain traction in committee. It has been referred to the committee, and now will go through the process of gaining co-sponsors.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rasp65
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Here is a link to ask your rep for support of this bill http://americansuppressorassociation...rotection-act/

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

Hope this gets traction... Since I don't see them changing the law for cans and hunting in Michigan other wise. Since the dnr say it will aid in poaching.

Thanks for the link
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Drillboss
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                Hope this gets traction... Since I don't see them changing the law for cans and hunting in Michigan other wise. Since the dnr say it will aid in poaching.

Thanks for the link
                With that reasoning, they should ban bows and lariat ropes (I know some fairly western, redneck folks).

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
                  With that reasoning, they should ban bows and lariat ropes (I know some fairly western, redneck folks).
                  I know, they really don't think things through. I mean you can make it easier on the shooters ears and lower the sound for others around(dont know how it helps with the noise for people who live nearby) but you still have the report or breaking the sound barrier. No hiding from that...

I filled the form letter out and I'm pretty sure 1 out of the three will support this.
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• customcutter
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
                    I've heard of game being taken with nothing more than a Q-beam and a club. (Rednecks are rednecks, some would rather take a doe illegally than a trophy legally.)

Comment

• wraith1516
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

On your link when you get there to fill it out what the hell is the prefix

Comment

• Rainman
                        Bloodstained
                        • May 2015

NRA worked with the primary sponsors to developlanguage for this proposed Bill and is lobbying for other Reps to join as co sponsors. Their estimate is that it will take about three years to work through committee and get to the floor for an up or down vote in the House. With regard to the estimated $10 million loss of annual tax stamp revenue that only sounds like a lot of money to us. If you are a Congressman or Senator it's like "lunch money". Think $19 trillion national debt for perspective. Nineteen trillion reasons to vote and carefully choose your candidate for President in 2016 and we should all be NRA members.

Comment

• wraith1516
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Would rather take a doe they taste better and antlers dont make good soup not pathetic enough I have to validate my existence by putting some thing on the wall to prove I can shoot a deer I hunt for meat not trophy I know that comment is off topic but am so sick of antler fever ruining the hunting experience if you like antlers dont judge someone for taking a doe if that is what they want to legally take.

Comment

• customcutter
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by wraith1516 View Post
                            Would rather take a doe they taste better and antlers dont make good soup not pathetic enough I have to validate my existence by putting some thing on the wall to prove I can shoot a deer I hunt for meat not trophy I know that comment is off topic but am so sick of antler fever ruining the hunting experience if you like antlers dont judge someone for taking a doe if that is what they want to legally take.
                            You need to re-read my comment. I'm not a trophy hunter. My comment was in regard to people that would rather kill an animal illegally than legally.

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

My response from my congressman

November 12, 2015

Dear Mr. Grendel

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 3799, the Hearing Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, H.R. 3799 has been introduced by Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) and would remove sound suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA). H.R. 3799 is currently before the House Committees on Ways and Means and the Judiciary for review.

I consider myself one of the many Americans that use firearms for recreational hunting, collection, and protection – this is a liberty that is to be treasured and protected. Please know I will be mindful of your views should H.R. 3799 reach the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please make sure to sign up for my e-newsletter at: http://walberg.house.gov/ or follow my Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/RepWalberg, so I can keep you updated on my activities in Congress.

Sincerely,

Tim Walberg
                              Member of Congress

To subscribe to my E-Newsletter Click Here-- Email Updates.

Contact Information

Washington DC Office
                              2436 Rayburn HOB
                              Washington, DC 20515
                              Phone: (202) 225-6276
                              Fax: (202) 225-6281 Jackson MI Office
                              110 1st St. Suite 2,
                              Jackson, MI 49201
                              Phone: (517) 780-9075
                              Fax: (517) 780-9081
                              Last edited by am4966; 11-12-2015, 09:10 PM.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Flyguy11
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2015

I too have been following this legislation and the only show stopper is that it has been moved to be studied at this time. Studies can equal Bill killer. The growing popularity of suppressors/ silencers in the United States may have an effect on HR 3799 gaining more traction. Those who support HR 3799 (folks like me) must continue to contact representatives regularly to push the Bill through. Elections are coming up soon and let your representative know that your vote depends on their support of your liberties. Long live the Republic!

Comment

Working...
                                X