X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flyguy11
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Just emailed my Representative today asking for support of H.R. 3799. If he decides to not support it I think I might run against him in the next election.

Comment

• Flyguy11
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

This is a simple copy and paste from the American Suppressors Association (ASA) to contact your state representatives or got to http://http://americansuppressorasso...rotection-act/

Dear Honorable (Put in Representative Name),

The Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 3799), legislation which addresses the removal of suppressors (also known as silencers) from the National Firearms Act, is of paramount interest to me because I am a law-abiding citizen who values both the safety of my hearing and the hearing of those around me. This issue directly impacts my ability and the ability of countless other law abiding citizens to practice reasonable and responsible safety measures while enjoying our sport - whether that is hunting, target shooting, or any related activity allowed by the laws of this country.

Suppressors have been misrepresented in entertainment and the media for quite some time, which has given many misinformed people a negative perception of them. Ownership of silencers has skyrocketed in the recent past, without any correlation of crimes committed using silencers. In fact, the number of crimes committed using silencers is so low, it is within the margin of numerical error within the general statistics relating to crime. Numbers provided directly from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives support these statements.
      I urge you to sincerely evaluate the benign and responsible uses of suppressors in hunting and sporting applications and consider becoming a cosponsor of the Hearing Protection Act.

Thank you for your consideration of my viewpoint on this matter. I believe it is an important issue, and would like to see the Hearing Protection Act pass to ensure that Americans are able to freely practice their sport and protect their hearing.

Respectfully Requested,

(Insert your name here)

Comment

• Flyguy11
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

It's starting to look like I may need to run for Congress. I don't think I wold fit in because I have the ability to think for myself and think people should take personal responsibility for themselves.

Comment

• din
          Warrior
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Flyguy11 View Post
          It's starting to look like I may need to run for Congress. I don't think I wold fit in because I have the ability to think for myself and think people should take personal responsibility for themselves.
          Heretic!

Comment

• Flyguy11
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

I never have taken an easy path. Thanks din, I got a good laugh.

Comment

• EastTexasShooter
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              My tinnitus tells me that there are a lot of people around the Nation who could possibly file class action lawsuits for hearing damage, since in a home or car defense situation, firing indoors will often lead to permanent hearing loss.

Also, our hunting animals should not have to suffer hearing loss, and hearing protection for dogs and horses is very impractical, while tampering with their natural senses that assist in performing their tasks.

There is zero Constitutional justification for even regulating suppressors, as they are not firearms or weapons of any sort. Their best comparison is automobile mufflers, which are mandated by law for the same purposes, noise suppression.
              I've been watching this in hopes it will pass. It's funny you bring up hunting animals. I've been stuffing my hunting mules ears with cotton balls to try and save some of his hearing when hunting hogs with him. Luckily he's gotten better about it, lol.

Called my reps in support of this. They are already aware of it and seem favorable to it. The refund of all the $200 tax stamps is something I have advocated for years.

Since when did you have to pay tax for a right?
              From what I've read, they're only going to go back to a certain date on refunds. I think it's within a year or two of when/if the bill passes.
              "In vino veritas." Doc Holliday

Comment

• kb18no1
                Bloodstained
                • May 2015

In Hollywood, suppressors kill people and are feed by clips.

The average American perceives suppressors as what hitman and CIA operatives use... thank you Hollywood.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Public perception is changing with regard to suppressors.

One of the biggest factors, believe it or not, is video games. The generation of kids who have grown up playing all these games have been conditioned to having a laundry list of exotic weaponry available to them.

As they grow into adulthood, many of them get into AR15's and shooting in general, and will see people at the range with suppressors commonly.

They approach those fellow shooters, then ask the natural questions of how, where, what do I do, etc.

Almost every range trip I make to public ranges is guested by shooters with suppressors. It's a losing argument when anyone with half a brain looks at the legislation and asks, "Why do we have these retarded laws in the first place?"
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Flyguy11
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Refunds will only go back to purchases after October 22nd, 2015. https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/3799

Comment

• Flyguy11
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

Public perception is changing with regard to suppressors.

One of the biggest factors, believe it or not, is video games. The generation of kids who have grown up playing all these games have been conditioned to having a laundry list of exotic weaponry available to them.

As they grow into adulthood, many of them get into AR15's and shooting in general, and will see people at the range with suppressors commonly.

They approach those fellow shooters, then ask the natural questions of how, where, what do I do, etc.

Almost every range trip I make to public ranges is guested by shooters with suppressors. It's a losing argument when anyone with half a brain looks at the legislation and asks, "Why do we have these retarded laws in the first place?"
                      +1

Comment

• Flyguy11
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

Another way to help support useful legislation!

Comment

• HONDO
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2015

H.R. 367 is moving a little at least. There seems to be more support this time around and there are far to many honest reasons this should pass. Just google "hearing protection act" tho you will only need to type "hear" for it to come up in the suggestion column...
                          Galatians 2:20-21

Comment

• Bill257
                            Bloodstained
                            • Oct 2015

It has moved to sub committee on "Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations" In previous years it never got out of subcommittee. Think this is how bills legislators do not want to be seen opposing get sidetracked into eternal deliberation.

If you have not called in a while, now may be the time to ask what your rep is doing to move this bill toward the president's desk.
                            Last edited by Bill257; 02-10-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• HONDO
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2015

BREAKING: High-Ranking ATF Official Proposes De-Regulation of Suppressors, Allow M1 Garand Imports - GunsAmerica Digest
                              BREAKING: High-Ranking ATF Official Proposes De-Regulation of Suppressors, Allow M1 Garand Imports - GunsAmerica Digest

Yeah but now there's this to go with that. Tried to link the article but I'm a big dummy

Comment

• HONDO
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2015

And I agree that calls and a public outcry would tip the scales in our favor. If by chance someone could help me out here I'll post up the link. Just technologically challenged lol

Comment

Working...
                                X