• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Volume I, 3rd Printing

With Western Powder's new load data for 6.5 Grendel, we updated Volume I to include those 64 new loads. That brings the total load count in Volume I up to 220.

Western Powder's new data supersedes and replaces the older data, and there have been some important changes if you compare them.

This one also has thicker covers, and the Wire-O binding.

These are in-stock and ready to order. The combo deal of Vol I & Vol II is the best bang for your buck if you haven't gotten Volume II yet.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • 2_speed
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2011

Hey, '52, have there been any significant changes to Volume II? I have the first version of Volume I.
    I really like the Wire-O binding.
    Tom

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

No, Volume II hasn't changed.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• 2_speed
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2011

I think I'll see if I can get it on Santa's list.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Any discount or credit if we bought the old Volume 1 and want to get the updated Vol. 1? I think I bought the last copy you sold of Vol. 1 - think it will achieve collector item status? LOL.
          My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• AZ. Old Guy
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

What he said. I have old Volume 1.
            NRA Lifer

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              With Western Powder's new load data for 6.5 Grendel, we updated Volume I to include those 64 new loads. That brings the total load count in Volume I up to 220.

Western Powder's new data supersedes and replaces the older data, and there have been some important changes if you compare them.

This one also has thicker covers, and the Wire-O binding.

These are in-stock and ready to order. The combo deal of Vol I & Vol II is the best bang for your buck if you haven't gotten Volume II yet.
              Is this the Western data dated 4/14/2014, or do you have something newer?

Thanks

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

It's the same updated Western Powder data from 4/14/2014.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2015

Good deal. Thanks

Comment

• Rickyi
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2015

These two books, Volume 1 & 2 are the most "Info" filled books I have ever read... every Grendel shooter should have the set to read & go by! Thanks guys for making this possibly for us!
                    Ricky

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Rickyi View Post
                      These two books, Volume 1 & 2 are the most "Info" filled books I have ever read... every Grendel shooter should have the set to read & go by! Thanks guys for making this possibly for us!
                      Ricky
                      Thank you for your kind words. This has been a collective effort and ongoing project that started here on the forum years ago, and we are happy to be able to put something together that people can find useful.

I saw some survey data from several different studies that said most people in the US only read about 1 book per year, while the average CEO reads at least 5 books a month.

One thing you'll notice about these handbooks is that they are not just raw load data, but start off with several different chapters on pertinent information regarding:

The AR15, its gas system, barrel lengths, setting the gun up for your particular purposes, and nuances with different components that one should be mindful of.

They also discuss the details of hunting reach, how barrel length and handling may be more important than looking just at velocity, and how to balance realistic accuracy expectations against this backdrop.

When we put Volume I together back in 2012, I figured I was done looking at the material at that point, as I had poured over it from a contribution/writing/editing perspective for over a year. What really struck me is how wrong I was, and I found myself referencing it almost daily since that time.

Most of the material in them is useful for the shooter who doesn't even reload, which is what really sets these apart from all the other handbooks I have in my library. I'm glad that you all find them helpful.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                      X