• Show
Clear All
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

'Been there, done that!"

--- way too many times.

Yes, one could advise 'organize before you start!'

My experience has been that one often doesn't know what is important until a fair bit of exploration has been done!
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Mecharius
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

I have spent about a week digging into all of this, and am still unsure of what will be my starting point. Organization combined with something like ADD seems to be a bit of a problem here.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mecharius View Post
        I have spent about a week digging into all of this, and am still unsure of what will be my starting point. Organization combined with something like ADD seems to be a bit of a problem here.
        Mecharius:

Maybe you need to define your ending point first? In other words, what do you want this thing to do? Goal / end state / objective. What ever you want to call it, you need to have a very clear picture of what this will do in absolute terms.

With that part done, you will have to define 'success'. This should assist in identifying variables. There are a number of different types of variables, but you ought to be able to figure out which ones have the most effect on your success criteria.

Once you have come up with a defined end state, success criteria, and variables, you need to figure out how you will conduct tests to determine if you succeeded. Being able to isolate variables will probably be a key to testing. Of course you will need to select the statistic or statistics you will use to evaluate your testing.

Hope this assists in your organization.

LR55

Comment

• Mecharius
          Warrior
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
          Mecharius:

Maybe you need to define your ending point first? In other words, what do you want this thing to do? Goal / end state / objective. What ever you want to call it, you need to have a very clear picture of what this will do in absolute terms.

With that part done, you will have to define 'success'. This should assist in identifying variables. There are a number of different types of variables, but you ought to be able to figure out which ones have the most effect on your success criteria.

Once you have come up with a defined end state, success criteria, and variables, you need to figure out how you will conduct tests to determine if you succeeded. Being able to isolate variables will probably be a key to testing. Of course you will need to select the statistic or statistics you will use to evaluate your testing.

Hope this assists in your organization.

LR55
          Actually, you did help. I have been going at this a bit chaotically, with no specific goal in mind. Just the idea of wanting to understand a bit better what was happening behind the scenes of the apps and programs. I need to take some time to sit down, and lay out a plan for me to be able to move forward. One that is not so rigid, I cannot modify it as is needed to adapt to new information which may redirect.

Comment

Working...
          X