X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim_bob
    Warrior
    • Jul 2014

I prefer the 243 over the 242, for the oil tolerance.

Comment

• Mecharius
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

I'm fairly certain that I had bought the 242, I'll have to give the 243 a try.

Comment

• Mecharius
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

Fairly certain I will be going with the PRS stock at this point. Was able to get hands on both the PRS and the MBA at one of the near by shops, liked the feel of the PRS better. The Luth AR just seemed too light weight.

Comment

• Mecharius
          Warrior
          • Oct 2015

And I am considering the Vortex Viper 6-24x50 as the optic of choice for my build. Any input on this?

Comment

• Mecharius
            Warrior
            • Oct 2015

I would also be interested in any suggestions for a bipod

Comment

• Mecharius
              Warrior
              • Oct 2015

Upper and magazines came in. Have to say, I'm impressed with the quality. Definitely will be ordering from Precision again.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mecharius
                Warrior
                • Oct 2015

Updated OP with my bipod choice. GGG-1527 sold by Precision Firearms
                Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld

Comment

• Mecharius
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2015

I will be ordering the gas block next week as well as acquiring the tools needed to assemble the lower receiver. Although I still need the trigger and stock that I want for it, this will get me a little closer to being able to post up a few build pictures on my build post.

Comment

• Mecharius
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2015

considering getting one of these pistol grips for my build.

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mecharius View Post
                      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/194...rmolded-rubber

I love the tactical grips, most of my rifles have them, (the non shelf version) and I actually removed the shelf from the one on my target rifle, as it didn't seem to be much use for me.

Comment

• BigBC
                        Bloodstained
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Mecharius View Post
                        http://www.midwayusa.com/product/194...rmolded-rubber

Considering this as well, it felt good in the hand and shooting with it as well. Didn't have the shelf on it, but still felt better than the standard M-16 grip and when you are going for range and accuracy like we are trying to do, every little bit of comfort helps IMO.

Also I can offer a brief insight to the Luth MBA stock. Currently have one on a completed AR-15 lower and my 6.5 upper just shipped yesterday from TX. Getting all ants in my pants, so I threw on my 5.56 upper just to mess around with the Luth stock. I felt it was solid (keep in mind 5.56 @50 yards kneeling) I've used the PRS before and it also is a solid stock (5.56 DMR). The adjustable cheek weld is a great thing to have and both stocks will do great. The Luth is lighter when I had both in hand at the gun shop. The Luth feels stable and comfortable in the kneeling position. If you want to split hairs the Luth may be better for tactical sniper competitions due to the lighter weight = less fatigue over time, if you can even take it that far. The "fatigue" factor there will be more dependent on the kind of shape you're in.

For the money, IMO the Luth MBA does just as good a job as the Magpul PRS. when it comes down to it whatever gives you more confidence/comfort will help you shoot better.
                        Last edited by BigBC; 11-12-2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Mecharius
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          I love the tactical grips, most of my rifles have them, (the non shelf version) and I actually removed the shelf from the one on my target rifle, as it didn't seem to be much use for me.
                          ill have to keep in mind removing the shelf. thought that it looked real weird. but at the same time, i can imagine some possible benefit to having it, as far as comfort is considered. unfortunately i havent yet been able to get my hands on one, so its all been looking online, reading what others have said.

Comment

• Mecharius
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by BigBC View Post
                            Considering this as well, it felt good in the hand and shooting with it as well. Didn't have the shelf on it, but still felt better than the standard M-16 grip and when you are going for range and accuracy like we are trying to do, every little bit of comfort helps IMO.

Also I can offer a brief insight to the Luth MBA stock. Currently have one on a completed AR-15 lower and my 6.5 upper just shipped yesterday from TX. Getting all ants in my pants, so I threw on my 5.56 upper just to mess around with the Luth stock. I felt it was solid (keep in mind 5.56 @50 yards kneeling) I've used the PRS before and it also is a solid stock (5.56 DMR). The adjustable cheek weld is a great thing to have and both stocks will do great. The Luth is lighter when I had both in hand at the gun shop. The Luth feels stable and comfortable in the kneeling position. If you want to split hairs the Luth may be better for tactical sniper competitions due to the lighter weight = less fatigue over time, if you can even take it that far. The "fatigue" factor there will be more dependent on the kind of shape you're in.

For the money, IMO the Luth MBA does just as good a job as the Magpul PRS. when it comes down to it whatever gives you more confidence/comfort will help you shoot better.
                            appreciate the input.

as far as my two stock options, im still leaning more towards the PRS. i have a preference towards heavy when it comes to my rifles. i am not set for certain though. from what i have been hearing the only real difference between the two is the weight. with the price difference, its tempting to go with the luth ar. but we will see.

Comment

• Drillboss
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2015

I used an Ergo grip on my first build and liked it enough to use it on the next one. Much nicer than the mil-spec stuff.

Don't have any experience with the shelf though.

Comment

• Mecharius
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2015

I will have to give the grip with the shelf a try and post back with my opinions on it once I have the build completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X