• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karhu
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
    shipment should be here in the next few weeks, forum members have the first round of orders in so imagine you should start seeing some posts here shortly.
    Has this shipment happened yet or are the first recipients being very quiet? I must request that delivery terms stipulate a mandatory review by the new owners here on 65grendel.com.

Comment

• Stevil
      Banned
      • Dec 2015

Comment

• usmcm16a2
        Warrior
        • Aug 2015

Folks,

Got mine today, HMA60603, 22" inch 1:8, #2 contour. Have to wait for another rifle is sold. But no rush, kick ass trigger. A2

Comment

• Brakeman
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2016

Great to hear the 22" model is beginning to come through now.
          Can I ask a favor; could you weigh the rifle with magazine but without the scope? Am really keen to learn what this one weighs in the real world.

Again, congrats on the new acquisition.

Comment

• Singleshotsam
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2016

I got my howa 6.5 mini 22inch barrel on monday evening, been breaking it in slow, one shot and through cleaning for 10 shots. Then 3 shots and same, 21 rounds so I shot a 3 shot group at 190yrds [ all the distance I have] two holes 1 inch apart, I would send pic. but dont know to! LOVE the rifle, it is everything I hoped except the clip release, dont like it. The rounds were 100gr sierra hp on top of 32gr CFE223 hornady brass.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Sounds like you have a good one.

Sticky thread in the photos forum on posting pics:

1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box. 2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box. 3. In the new window that opens up click the

Comment

• adamjp
                Warrior
                • Oct 2014

Just to confirm the good information already provided by Matt from LSI.

Is the magazine 5 or 10 rounds. Too many people keep telling me it is 10 rounds (because that is what the catalogue says and it must be right).

Comment

• Singleshotsam
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2016

mine came with a 5 round clip. The clip is the only thing that seems like they cut a cost on. May be they went with the lightest to stay below 7lbs over all, I love the feel of the rifle, it carries light but it feels very solid.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2015

Singleshot,

Glad to here you are enjoying the rifle, my example also came with a 5 shot mag. I had ordered a bull barrel from Brownells, but a bit short on cash so had to cancel. Bull barrel 20 inch Grendel. Did order a spare 5 round mag. I will be putting a Leupold 3x9x40 CDS scope on it and cannot wait to shoot it. For those ordering the barreled actions, Legacy Sports has the stocks, $149 plus shipping. Made by HTI. A2

Comment

• adamjp
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2014

Thankyou all.

FWIW a scope with a BDC setup to suit the typical 7.62 168gn round will work very accurately for a 6.5 Grendel with 107gn match bullets.

Nikon, Bushnell, etc. all do scopes with this BDC setup.

Oh and we want pictures!
                      Last edited by adamjp; 08-05-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Colorado
                        Unwashed
                        • Jul 2016

Does anyone know what the maximum COL allowable in the magazines is?

Comment

• Singleshotsam
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2016

The mag. is not going to be the limiting factor, on my rifle the chamber will limit you before the clip. I had some rounds loaded before I got the rifle, 2.30 and could not close bolt, 2.260 may be where I have to stay. I was shorting and trying on my gun 2.265 or 2.270 I think may be it?

Comment

• kmon
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2015

If Howa did as promised and chambered these to SAAMI Spec, I expect Singleshotsam's post is spot on for seating length. Some bullets with a VLD profile might can be seated longer but some will be limited more by the chamber. Not a bad thing at all. matter of fact it can be a good thing.

Comment

• randomwally
                              Unwashed
                              • Feb 2016

Sigh. After a long weekend traipsing around the paddocks with my .223, once again I have to reiterate how much I detest the entire magazine system on these rifles. Not only is it hideous, twice I accidentally released the magazine into the mud. Many more times I released the magazine and caught it before it fell. In a single weekend! To put it in perspective, I've carried my Howa short action with metal floorplate for hundreds of hours in the field with zero accidental floorplate releases.

It's a genuine shame. The more I use it, the more I like everything else about this rifle. I want to drop a couple of them into walnut stocks and make lovely looking little hunting rifles. Except that magazine. It has to go. It's putting me off buying any more mini action rifles until there is a factory or third party solution to this problem. And yeah, I know I can grind down the mag release lever, it's just a less than optimal solution to a problem that never should have made it past alpha testing.

Comment

• SDguy
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2015

Honest Review.

Originally posted by randomwally View Post
                                Sigh. After a long weekend traipsing around the paddocks with my .223, once again I have to reiterate how much I detest the entire magazine system on these rifles. Not only is it hideous, twice I accidentally released the magazine into the mud. Many more times I released the magazine and caught it before it fell. In a single weekend! To put it in perspective, I've carried my Howa short action with metal floorplate for hundreds of hours in the field with zero accidental floorplate releases.

It's a genuine shame. The more I use it, the more I like everything else about this rifle. I want to drop a couple of them into walnut stocks and make lovely looking little hunting rifles. Except that magazine. It has to go. It's putting me off buying any more mini action rifles until there is a factory or third party solution to this problem. And yeah, I know I can grind down the mag release lever, it's just a less than optimal solution to a problem that
                                never should have made it past alpha testing.

I truly appreciate your honest objective review based on experience. I am banking on more than a few will purchase this rifle in the 6.5 Grendel and decide to dump the rifle cheep do to the dissatisfaction with the poorly implimented mag and mag release. Priced right I will be more than happy to snap up one of these used and correct the mag release and not look back.

What are you hoping for with a aftermarket magazine / magazine release? Just a scaled down version of the metal bottom metal? Or did you have something more grand in mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X