X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

heres a tease of the QDMA grendel that will be available at their banquets!

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

That sure is nice looking!
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Very classy!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• randomwally
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Cajuntransplant View Post
          I'm interested in one of these as well. New to the Grendel and very happy with the AR I built for it. I've seen the 223 versions in a few stores around me but my only concern is the all plastic bottom housing with the trigger guard and mag well. I had a mossberg MVP with the same all plastic section and managed to break that twice. Hopefully the Howa system holds up better. It's either building a cz527 or trying out a Howa when they hit shelves.
          I have a Howa mini action with the plastic bottom. It's robust and functional enough, but I much prefer the metal floor plate arrangement on my Howa short action. I hope it's only a matter of time before either Howa offers a factory metal replacement, or a third party manufacturer steps up and starts making metal trigger guard and floor plate setups for the mini-action. The plastic should hold together until then.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by randomwally View Post
            I have a Howa mini action with the plastic bottom. It's robust and functional enough, but I much prefer the metal floor plate arrangement on my Howa short action. I hope it's only a matter of time before either Howa offers a factory metal replacement, or a third party manufacturer steps up and starts making metal trigger guard and floor plate setups for the mini-action. The plastic should hold together until then.
            As of right now , we don't have plans on developing a steel bottom metal. I have it noted several times over, I'll let everyone know if that changes.

Comment

• randomwally
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
              As of right now , we don't have plans on developing a steel bottom metal. I have it noted several times over, I'll let everyone know if that changes.
              Cheers. I much prefer being able to top load as needed and having the flush bottom on the rifle, so hopefully a third party manufacturer steps up as these become more popular. Also hanging out for more after market stock options

Comment

• adamjp
                Warrior
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by randomwally View Post
                Cheers. I much prefer being able to top load as needed and having the flush bottom on the rifle, so hopefully a third party manufacturer steps up as these become more popular. Also hanging out for more after market stock options
                Yep.

The need for a proper flush fitting bottom metal and some decent stocks to go with it is clear.

Not everyone wants a cheap plastic stock and an AR15 style magazine system.

Comment

• SDguy
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2015

Suppose Howa may like to work with Boyds to get a few wood stock options available.

Originally posted by adamjp View Post
                  Yep.

The need for a proper flush fitting bottom metal and some decent stocks to go with it is clear.

Not everyone wants a cheap plastic stock and an AR15 style magazine system.
                  Whats it going to take to get the likes of Boyds to offer up a fine wood stock for the little mini Howa? I am sure the wood stock would compliment the Howa rifle and make the difference weather or not to pull the trigger to buy the Howa mini for many.

Comment

• Drift
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2014

Quick question. If I wanted to get the barrel cut back to 16" and have it threaded (to a 5/8-24 thread) for a suppressor, which profile barrel should buy?

Comment

• Stevil
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2015

interesting question Drift, i doubt it would make much difference as your removing barrel weight them adding it back with a supressor, either medium or HB would work fine, for balance if your shooting offhand you may want to go with the medium so its not too heavy ??

Comment

• SDguy
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2015

Barrel choice for 5/8 -24 modification for supressor

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                        Quick question. If I wanted to get the barrel cut back to 16" and have it threaded (to a 5/8-24 thread) for a suppressor, which profile barrel should buy?

My gut tells me the heavy barrel may be best to allow enough shoulder when utilizing the 5/8 - 24threads. Otherwise you may wish to opt for a lighter weight package using a 9/16 to 5/8-24 adaptor. If this was my choice i would opt for the heavier barrel. your intended use may lead you to a slightly lighter barrel.

Best of all worlds would be to contour a heavy barrel with a flare the muzzel end to allow for enough shoulder, similar to the RAR Predator barrels.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
                          Whats it going to take to get the likes of Boyds to offer up a fine wood stock for the little mini Howa? I am sure the wood stock would compliment the Howa rifle and make the difference weather or not to pull the trigger to buy the Howa mini for many.
                          i know there are a few stock manufacturers that have asked about the mini. the mold cotst/development of making this stock is not a easy cost to swallow. With the gaining popularity of these rifles we expect to see some more stocks on the market soon!

Comment

• adamjp
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                            i know there are a few stock manufacturers that have asked about the mini. the mold cotst/development of making this stock is not a easy cost to swallow. With the gaining popularity of these rifles we expect to see some more stocks on the market soon!
                            The Howa Mini Action inlet is remarkably close to the inlet for the Zastava Mini Mauser / m85.

If you are competent with a Dremel, bedding compound and are willing to paint the finished product then get yourself a Boyds Tacticool (or whatever they are called today) and have at it. Put the rear action screw in the same place, and take away what does not look like the inlet for a Howa Mini.

Sadly, with the natural inflationary growth in prices Boyds stocks are no longer available to the overseas market as they cost more than the old and arbitrary $100USD limit imposed by ITARs.

Comment

• Mwells72774
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2014

Where can we pre-order/order? I'm actually part of a company with a FFL and we've got a couple people who'd LOVE this!
                              Last edited by Mwells72774; 06-06-2016, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• am4966
                                Chieftain
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Mwells72774 View Post
                                Where can we pre-order/order? I'm actually part of a company with a FFL and we've got a couple people who'd LOVE this!
                                Go back and look in this thread, you'll find product #''s and the phone # to call
                                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                                X