X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeff556
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

I looked through Matt's post but didn't see Multicam listed. However, the link you sent to the LSI 2015 Catalog had what I was looking for. Thanks! Here are the numbers in case anyone else wants this:

Lightweight barrel
    HMA30602MCC+

Standard barrel
    HMA60602MCC+

Heavy barrel
    HMA90622MCC+
    Last edited by jeff556; 03-22-2016, 06:42 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

• jeff556
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2015

The FFL I usually work with didn't see these in their system - meaning they couldn't order one. Is anyone working with an FFL in Washington State that can order these? I'm more than happy to drive to the eastern part of the state to pick up the rifle.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Jeff, they still aren't in the wild. End of second quarter is best bet.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by jeff556 View Post
          The FFL I usually work with didn't see these in their system - meaning they couldn't order one. Is anyone working with an FFL in Washington State that can order these? I'm more than happy to drive to the eastern part of the state to pick up the rifle.
          ANY FFL can order from us, have them call us at 775-828-0555, distributors do not have these yet, still awaiting the first shipment.

Comment

• adamjp
            Warrior
            • Oct 2014

For those in Australia, the latest issue of Guns and Game has a review of a Howa Mini in 223 by Andy Montgomery. Andy rates the rifle very well;

In conclusion the Howa Mini performed well throughout the test, and we did little or no missing in the field. I would like to see Howa look seriously at changing the magazine latch to a push forward latch to eliminate accidentally losing the magazine. The basic simple design employed will give great service for a long time to come, and I would love to see a hinged floorplate model!

For those who don't get Guns and Game, it is not a magazine that is kept alive by advertising. Andy has extensive experience with rifles and small wildcats on Sako L461 and Martini Cadet actions. I have read some reviews where he pans a rifle quite clearly, suggesting changes to many features. He is a real reviewer who does not care for the sensitivities of distributors or manufacturers who try and sell flashy rubbish.

According to the story, the pig was taken at 15 metres, in the rain! This is a fairly rare event (the rain, not the pig) where Andy lives in Western NSW so there was much cause for celebration.
            Last edited by adamjp; 04-26-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• ricsmall
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

The mini barreled actions appear to be in stock at brownells. Light barreled version at least

Richard
              Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by adamjp View Post
                For those in Australia, the latest issue of Guns and Game has a review of a Howa Mini in 223 by Andy Montgomery. Andy rates the rifle very well;

In conclusion the Howa Mini performed well throughout the test, and we did little or no missing in the field. I would like to see Howa look seriously at changing the magazine latch to a push forward latch to eliminate accidentally losing the magazine. The basic simple design employed will give great service for a long time to come, and I would love to see a hinged floorplate model!

For those who don't get Guns and Game, it is not a magazine that is kept alive by advertising. Andy has extensive experience with rifles and small wildcats on Sako L461 and Martini Cadet actions. I have read some reviews where he pans a rifle quite clearly, suggesting changes to many features. He is a real reviewer who does not care for the sensitivities of distributors or manufacturers who try and sell flashy rubbish.

According to the story, the pig was taken at 15 metres, in the rain! This is a fairly rare event (the rain, not the pig) where Andy lives in Western NSW so there was much cause for celebration.
                can you send me this article? mhornback@legacysports.com

Comment

• ramslammer
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014

Matt
                  If you send Adam and me a 6.5 to test each we'll send you a magazine. lol The web site is http://www.gunsgame.com/current.htm. Adam is right it's one of the best mags around,only comes out quarterly so it isn't filled up with rubbish. Also I have every edition. One of them has a good article about turning a CZ 7.62 into a 6mm PPC which we don't need to worry about any more thanks to Matt and the Howa team.
                  Juddy
                  Last edited by ramslammer; 04-26-2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Drift
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2014

Just over $400 for the barreled action. I have no idea who makes a stock for it though.

Comment

• adamjp
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ramslammer View Post
                      Matt
                      If you send Adam and me a 6.5 to test each we'll send you a magazine. lol The web site is http://www.gunsgame.com/current.htm. Adam is right it's one of the best mags around,only comes out quarterly so it isn't filled up with rubbish. Also I have every edition. One of them has a good article about turning a CZ 7.62 into a 6mm PPC which we don't need to worry about any more thanks to Matt and the Howa team.
                      Juddy
                      Juddy might just be onto something.

I reckon some of us have done more for a bolt action Howa in Grendel than some others

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

i dont have any more grendels to send out, i dont even have one for myself. the ones i was able to shoot were immediately sent out for T&E

can someone send me a digital copy of the article? id like to read it.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

The Hornady folks took the Grendel Mini out for a test drive. 5 shot group looks good!
                          Last edited by Matt @ LSI; 04-29-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2015

Boy, I sure do hope this rifle is available soon! I passed up on a good deal at my LGS on Remington 700 SPS 308, holding out hope for this bolt action beauty. Let’s expedite the production line!! I’ve got a little change burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheers,
                            TV

Comment

• ramslammer
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2014

G'Day Matt
                              hopefully Adam can get a electronic copy for you.
                              Juddy

Comment

• adamjp
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ramslammer View Post
                                G'Day Matt
                                hopefully Adam can get a electronic copy for you.
                                Juddy
                                Matt's email is overflowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X