X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

That's an awesome video. The terrain reminds me of the Western US in many areas.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• nuthead
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

i dont think the x39 gets pass throughs on broadside shots with any normal soft points... I dont like mono metal bullets either (they dont seem to kill an animal instantaneously as often for some reason)

its good to hear you get pass through with the grendel - cant wait to try one out!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Why am I thinking Mad Max?

What would be cool is to have him try an AR in 65G with Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel-case to see how it compares. . . . He was a pretty good shot with iron sights on moving pigs!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Great day shooting pigs and fine shooting. Can see why you like the X39 for that type hunting pigs, agree with you it is about perfect for that type pig eradication. Keep slaying those hogs.

Comment

• nuthead
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            Why am I thinking Mad Max?

What would be cool is to have him try an AR in 65G with Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel-case to see how it compares. . . . He was a pretty good shot with iron sights on moving pigs!
            hahahaha I can see why you're thinking mad max!

he's got quite a few vids out like that... for sure I would like to see how he would go with an grendelized AR just for fun. he does the job professionally so I doubt it would be cost effective for him

Last edited by nuthead; 11-11-2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

I think I could be happy with either cartridge, but I own Grendel, LOL.

Hey nuthead, you were curious about penetration. How does this look?
              Maybe not the greatest testament to the penetration capabilities of the 6.5 Grendal Hornady SST 123 gr ammo, but still pretty impressive. It can be hard to get bullets to go through that much bone and angles of bone and still penetrate well, but the SST did, though I suspect it was coming apart when it entered the second hog
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                Have used both cartridges for hogs and will take the Grendel any day over the 39. For hogs something tells me I am going to like the 125gr partitions best but they are not cheap.

Have you ever checked out Shooter's Pro Shop, they sell Nosler over runs and blemished bullets. I just checked, the 125 grain partitions sold out but were listed a few days ago. They currently have the 100 grain partition blemished bullets on sale in packs of 50 rounds. I've bought overruns and blems from Shooter's Pro Shop and have had excellent results as far as target shooting with the blem 123 grain Custom Competition bullets.

Comment

• nuthead
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                  I think I could be happy with either cartridge, but I own Grendel, LOL.

Hey nuthead, you were curious about penetration. How does this look?
                  http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...eadshot-Twofer
                  good job double naught spy!

thats a nasty exit wound

Comment

• customcutter
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2014

While I love my Grendel, I don't think I would throw it on the handle bars and chase pigs with it on my 4 wheeler. I have 2 SKS's that I would relegate that task too. One in a polymer stock, similar to the one in the video, and the other is a bullpup. I have to agree with the "bloke" in the video that the SKS is the "perfect" weapon for that application. Why put my $2000 Grendel through what the $300 SKS will do?

Then again, how much is air fare to "Aussie-land", and can we bring our "thermals"? Now we're talking Grendel..... Are you in 00SPY(just kidding, but at least we can dream)

Comment

Working...
                    X