• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coty
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2015

Opening day in TX

I had a good opening weekend in Mason, TX. I saw a 12 point I had seen on my camera, but it was before legal shooting time, didn't get the trophy. I did get a 4 point, a doe and 5 hogs.

People always ask why use an AR platform and carry a 25 round magazine. When you see 15 hogs at one time, it works a lot better than a bolt gun. I shot the first hog using the scope and then switched to the Burris Fastfire II when they started running.

The rifle picture is from earlier in the year, I don't hunt with a grenade launcher. The skull is from one I shot 2 years back. Dad cleaned it up and mounted it for me.

OpeningDay.jpgGrendel.jpgHogHead.jpg
  • m796rider
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

You could use that underslung to pop IR flares during night hunts with NODS...

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Great job, those little mini red dots are great for what you used it for. Nice looking Euro Mount and Grendel!
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

People always ask why use an AR platform and carry a 25 round magazine. When you see 15 hogs at one time, it works a lot better than a bolt gun.
        YES!

And good job!
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• jim_bob
          Warrior
          • Jul 2014

Sounds like a great opening weekend to me. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
          X