• Roe
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Nice! Thanks for sharing

Comment

• rebelsoul
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Nice buck! Having no exit wound, did it leave a blood trail?
        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• Ott
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2013

No exit wound, no blood trail. We had a hard time finding the entrance wound. Fortunately he didn't make it very far.

Comment

• Blacklab
            Warrior
            • Mar 2012

Congrats!
            Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• joedirt199
              Warrior
              • Jul 2015

Same as mine on the entrance and exit wounds. Entrance looked like a spot where a tick had been pulled off. Never exited the other side and lodged in the shoulder meat.

Comment

• Clays23
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Awesome! I will be using 123 grain sst on deer as well. Glad to see that this round performs well
                Joshua 1:9

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Ditto here - on using the 123 gr. SSTs for my first deer and hog hunt in mid-December. Although I have a handload (28.5 gr. 8208XBR with CCI 450 and Hornady brass) that matches and slightly exceeds the Hornady factory loads for accuracy, since I have about 60 rds of factory ammo, I am going to shoot it for my first hunt. Limit is 2 bucks, one doe and 2 hogs a day, so if they are out and moving at least I'll have a chance to wring out the Grendel. I thought about switching to Barnes TTSXs for the very reason cited here - potentially no exit wound or blood trail with the SSTs. However, the deer in South Carolina are likely to be much smaller than the ones you northern Herd members get to shoot.
                  My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• Blacklab
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

Great animal congrats.
                    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
                    X