• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommag
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

Radical firearms 6.5 upper range report

I took my 24" 6.5 to the range today. Started with a box of 120 gr prvi. Not so good, around 2".
    I loaded 35 rds. Lapua brass, 8208, and 100 gr vmax. I loaded 5 each from 28 to 30.8 grs. At 30.2 grs, I got a 4 shot group (one dud) that measured .426" Groups opened up a little with higher charges, to 1.25 or so.
    This was on an 80% lower from modulus arms with a 3 lb timney.
    Good start, but no time to do more for a couple weeks. I hope that group wasn't a fluke.
    Last edited by tommag; 11-17-2015, 12:29 PM.
  • tommag
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

Let's see if I got the pic thing figured out.
    Nope, guess not.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Here is a link which has helpful info.

Comment

• customcutter
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

A .426" group sounds good. I think most folks have been pleased with the Radical Firearms products, especially if they got in on the "sale" prices.

Comment

• BigBC
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by tommag View Post
          I took my 24" 6.5 to the range today. Started with a box of 120 gr prvi. Not so good, around 2".
          I loaded 35 rds. Lapua brass, 8208, and 100 gr vmax. I loaded 5 each from 28 to 30.8 grs. At 30.2 grs, I got a 4 shot group (one dud) that measured .426" Groups opened up a little with higher charges, to 1.25 or so.
          This was on an 80% lower from modulus arms with a 3 lb timney.
          Good start, but no time to do more for a couple weeks. I hope that group wasn't a fluke.
          Do you have the machined break in the end of the barrel? Or did you get one with a break separate?

Just got my 20 inch upper in, it fits nicely onto my S&W Mil-Spec lower. Two more days until optic is here and I can finally zero it and give a range report. Thanks for the info I will be trying the Hornady stuff (got a couple boxes for free) out initially and then try out other brands.

Comment

• tommag
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2015

My brake has a pronounced gap between it and the bbl. Haven't tried to unscrew it, but it's obviously not part of the bbl. I did get some failure to eject. Ordered enhanced extractor spring kit. Next weekend I'll try it out and see if that cures it.

Comment

• GM2
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2015

Also got an upper from radical, have some pictures from Monday sighting it in at 200 yards.
              White target was sighting it in with a new scope. Black reactive was once it was dialed in.

All shots were from prone with bipod

1128150208_resized.jpg

Comment

• tommag
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2015

[IMG][/IMG]
                Ok, I figured it out. This was shot from the bench at 100 yards.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I wouldn'k squawk about a group like that! Did your rifle function better this trip?

Comment

• tommag
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    I wouldn'k squawk about a group like that! Did your rifle function better this trip?
                    That was the best group from my initial trip to the range. I haven't been out since then. I just finished smoothing out the extractor, and it seems to let the brass go a little easier. Hopefully it'll work better now.

Comment

• tommag
                      Bloodstained
                      • Oct 2015

Shivered a bit at the range this morning. It seems to like the Sierra 85 gr hp pretty well, too. I loaded 10 more of the 100 a max and 30.3 8028. Other than a couple of flyers that were my fault, They grouped about like the above picture. I only fired 35, but no more fte.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Good to hear thanks for the update.

Comment

• deadeyerick
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2013

I love my Radical Grendel 20 inch bbl. Most loads shoot 0.6 to 1 inch at 100. Cant complain for a $550 firearm

Comment

• Major Kong
                            Unwashed
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by deadeyerick View Post
                            I love my Radical Grendel 20 inch bbl. Most loads shoot 0.6 to 1 inch at 100. Cant complain for a $550 firearm
                            Yeah, word must have gotten out because they jacked the prices up to $1,030. I was hoping they would do a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal, but it looks like I am going to have to pay what they are asking.
                            Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Comment

• GM2
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2015

$1000? Its still $539

Radical Firearms, Radical, Firearms, Title II, NFA, gun, Manufacturer, pistols, rifles, silencers, and machine guns, fully tooled, modern machining, facility, upper assemblies, components, veterans, American made, Texas Proud, 5.56, 300 blackout, 7.62x39, 6.8 SPC II, 6.5 Grendel, 458 SOCOM, 12.7x42, high caliber models, 308 Winchester, 6.5, Creedmoor, guns, weapons,Firearms, gifts day, gifts birthday, wedding gifts, personalized gifts, gifts collectibles, anniversary gifts, valentine's gifts, gifts and collectibles, uniquegifts, valentine's day gifts, hot gifts, men gifts, gifts for men, gifts father's day, gifts for christmas, graduation gifts, patriotic gifts, father's gifts, gadget gifts, gifts corporate, gifts clothing, year gifts, him gifts, gifts for birthday, her gifts, gifts for him, ideas gifts, shopping cart ecommerce, holiday gifts, gifts for her, ecommerce, web ecommerce, web hosting ecommerce, ecommerce cart, shopping ecommerce, retail, retail jobs, retail store, Rifle Shotgun, Pistol, Capacity 30, Capacity 60, Capacity 100, Ammo, Bayonet, weapon optics, tactical weapon accessories, shooting supplies online, firearm supplies, texas, texas law, texas gun dealer, texas manufacturer, fivefivesix, ammo, accessories, shooting sports, sports, gun shop, long distance, pew pew, usa, wholesale, distributor, 2A,

Just get the upper and any standard lower at a local shop. They can ship the upper directly to you.

Mine was $667 total (minus scope)
                              Last edited by GM2; 11-30-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X