• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Barnes 100gr ttsx or TAC-TX

I was wondering if someone could give me a speed on one of the two bullets listed above coming out a 12.5" Grendel. I'm thinking of using one of them and other bullets close to 100gr as my Goto for my 12.5" Grendel.

I found data on here from someone shooting out a 20" Grendel using H335 30.0 2765 I just wanted to see what speed someone else could give me out of quick load or any other means that For my 12.5" I thought I read you lose/gain 15-20fps per inch on your barrel. But I guess confirmation would be great

I'm wanting to drop the info I get into Sterlok to help me with a scope selection and reticle choice.

Thanks for any help or tips.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I can give you real world data if I can ever find time to get to the range. I have some loaded up to test in my 11.5". Well the TTSX I mean. I'm not sure what the difference if any is in the TTSX and Tac TX.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I ran that load through shooter's notes velocity estimator with 12.5" as the new barrel length.

"Velocity will be between 2490 and 2589 feet per second about 65% of the time." 2539fps estimate
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

This was run with the TAC-TX bullet OAL 2.26

20" Grendel using H335 30.0 2765 shows 2768 with Quickload
        12.5" Grendel using H335 30.0 shows 2463 with Quickload
        Last edited by kmon; 11-19-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

Thanks LRR, I didn't realize shooter notes had that option. I have the Grendel Data sub, to help prepare me for getting into reloading for the Grendel. I need to look over the shooter notes site more and the ammo guide I believe that's what b it's called.

@cory I'll keep a eye out for your info too. I'm really interested in the LRX project you are working on
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
          X