X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molar
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2014

I received the 140's and 120 AMAX's tonight. I don't have a stoney point oal length gauge, so I used the old school method to see where the bullet contacts the lands. It appears the 120 AMAX touches the lands at 2.254" in my 264 ARP chamber. I already know the 123 AMAX touches the lands at 2.320"

Does this sound right? For those of you with standard grendel chambers, at what OAL, does the 123 AMAX touch the lands?

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
      Warrior
      • Oct 2014

Yessir, that's about right.
      2 different SAAMI Grendel chambers for me- both touch lands right about at 2.20" with 120 Amax.
      The trick is with this particular profile to play with seating depth in small increments- you should definitely see a "sweet spot".
      Once you find that spot, you should see some very nice groups!
      2.185" gave me some really tight groups with BLC2
      hope this helps!
      -mike

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
        Warrior
        • Oct 2014

sorry Molar-
        forgot to say with both of my chambers the 123 Amax touches the lands at about 2.280"

-mike

Comment

• molar
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by A.D.D. AR View Post
          Yessir, that's about right.
          2 different SAAMI Grendel chambers for me- both touch lands right about at 2.20" with 120 Amax.
          The trick is with this particular profile to play with seating depth in small increments- you should definitely see a "sweet spot".
          Once you find that spot, you should see some very nice groups!
          2.185" gave me some really tight groups with BLC2
          hope this helps!
          -mike
          Thanks for the response. Sounds like an OAL of 2.235" in MY rifle would put them about .020" off the lands. I may just shoot them in the creedmor. I would hate to load them for my ARP barrel and then accidentally shoot them in my Shilen with true grendel chamber.

Comment

Working...
          X