X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Our range gets crowded so we always try to go early in the morning stay for an hr and get out before all the crazy people show up. If we do get caught with a bunch of people there the two or three of us are always on the look out and assist the two or three range guys while we are there. There have been many occasions when we have had to tell someone to get back behind the line when the range guy had his back turned. BANG BANG!!

The other day in Houston a range employee was messing with a loaded rifle in the parking lot and it went off and shot through the trailer/office and killed a guy. I think the bullet struck the patron in the head, and for the life of me I do not have a clue as to why an employee would be in the parking lot messing around or helping someone with a loaded rifle!!?? This was a range we have never been to in North Houston.
    Last edited by Slappy; 12-16-2017, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

No matter what your level of expertise is, I love reading threads like this, it reminds me of my responsibility....especially if I have family or friends there...

Comment

• Bwild97
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Slappy; I live 45 min North of Houston, what Shooting Range was this?

I have been shooting at the Trinity Armory in Cleveland, TX. has a max range of 300 yrds, but claim that they are working to expand it to 800yds soon. I really like the people and atmosphere, for a public range it's a great place to shoot!

I would really like to find a private place to shoot though.
        Last edited by Bwild97; 12-19-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• FloorPoor
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2020

The number of idiots I've witnessed mishandling firearms at ranges causes me to be amazed that there are as few hunting accidents as there are.
          However, the "long range hunter" fad has definitely caused a lot of gut shot game to die in misery, unclaimed.

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Great thread guys, thanks for starting it 52........

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by FloorPoor View Post
              The number of idiots I've witnessed mishandling firearms at ranges causes me to be amazed that there are as few hunting accidents as there are.
              However, the "long range hunter" fad has definitely caused a lot of gut shot game to die in misery, unclaimed.
              Saying " long range hunter" is like saying "military intelligence"

Some words just don't belong in the same room.

Comment

• CJW
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

Lmao a5b.......

Comment

Working...
                X