X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

KB, once the basic design and concept is proven out, it's relatively easy to scale slightly up or down. Planning on a brass version of C90 next to reduce cost.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

Thrilled to hear it!

Comment

• customcutter
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

It looks great. I can tell you that they are worth much more just based on my simple machining skills. Copper is a bugger to machine, google it if you don't believe it. Whole mile or butter milk is considered the best lubricant, but I'm not up for a stinking lathe in a couple of days. LOL

Comment

• Drift
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

How are you selling them? lots of 50? 100?
          It might be better to move this to the for sale thread

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

SOLD OUT. First run in both weights spoken for. Will get on it for more. . . .
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

BOTH weights? You gotta be psychic to be an early adopt hipster I reckon. Just so you know, I am going to be a poser and pretend I did have it first anyway. LOL

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

KB, well, remember, I'm using a LOT of them for testing, so it wasn't THAT hard to divvy them up. But, hey, you can be the first adopter of the REAL first production run!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

SOLD! I would be delighted. Really, I am not really in a particular rush, I have waited this long after all. : )

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

KB, buddy, Yes the Psychic's are here- for a trial run.

I met with Hanka last night for dinner. I got to see the end result of an idea or 40........ between us, a long time in the making. I like it a lot ! The Bullet needs tests , though. To be proven.,,,

The best pill is the goal, It has to expand , as a hunting pill. It has to. At Least get to 1.5 x it's diameter..maybe more-

This is the first step. The design can be tweaked as per results - ASAP. If something is amiss- PM's are good for us all.

I will work up some load data , as a comparision to my 90-95 GMX's= same OAL, same bearing surfaces- this could end up that easy ! Suwwweeeeeet!
                    Last edited by sneaky one; 02-06-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Last edited by sneaky one; 02-06-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Spent 7 hrs today texting with Hanka, on & off . I made a few tweaks- then he buzzed in---- try this, what's it weigh ? Etc. How did you? Etc. Then I showed him the magico !

A few new finds were added to the mix. 85, & 90 as the max. An 80 is here also. BC's are off the charts! Say Bye bye to lead core pills! Blah!!!

I based a ton of this off of my trials with the Gmx pills. Yes, I'm the guy behind this push. It's the Grendels time to shine !

Comment

• Drift
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2014

I'll go after a 250 lb boar hog with a 90 gr copper 6.5 bullet; but you better believe I'll have a couple of heaver bullets as back up if I try that with a 80gr er.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2012

Sounds great Sneaky One! It sure won't take long to find out if it does the job.

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

We're on this. Small - missed detail popped up.

KB- it will take a week or 2.

Drift- I smacked a 280 lb. whitetail with a 77 Gmx. 26" of penetration. Angled shot thru spine 2 ribs, organs+ DRT.

We may switch the grooves of the 95 onto the 90 to reduce bearing surfaces. then a gel test will be done . Close to 3k is the goal. 18" tube.

Drift, pm me an address to ship to.

I'll send a couple Gmx- 85 grn. And a few new Tweaked Cerb. Don't shoot unless its a great shot opp. I'll include safe load data.

Hankas design needs to be proven , before ships out, As a hunt pill. It's up to us to prove it first.
                              Last edited by sneaky one; 02-07-2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Bigfoot
                                Bloodstained
                                • Sep 2014

BFT That's F ing beautiful. I assume the lands width is .256? I don't know if GS or Moller has an outstanding US patent but your hybrid design got around it anyway.

No doubt that the flat meplat bullets work but they are velocity dependent. Gigidy.

Less mass = less momentum for both drop and twist. Initially I was concerned about it's stability but in an 8 twist you should be ok except for extreme temps and elevations. It's as if you thought the OAL length out beforehand.........

You barely touched on the reduced chamber pressure from the minimum copper displacement. I love this. More powder is your friend.

Again, extremely well thought out.

Kudos.
                                Last edited by Bigfoot; 02-09-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X