Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Hornady brass for all loads.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I have 4 of the half pills here- fone is acting up again. We are to meet this week, John can post the pics for me. We're getting close ., with all the data feedbacks.

I really like this project for a many reasons.

It's the administrators idea, - from known pills -, plus my Gmx trys- plus my tweaks for 20 + years. --

To come up with a decent price point on a copper pill. 1 can be for target, 1 for hunting.

I am an instigator, for moving things forward. This will come to fruition as soon as we find the .5 moa accuracy spot. It's for the 6.5 guys, and gals.

Prototypes are a fun challenge. It may be the tip- that's off a tic.
      Last edited by sneaky one; 02-29-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Plus the brass pill is being made. Cost's a lil less, should be fun to see what can be tweaked to get it to perform also.

A few tests will be performed as Bill A described it , tip on , tip off.-To see what is going on. On the copper Cerb.

Thoughts from anyone? These pills are semi trailer long-- they end up that way with no lead inside. This will be the sooner than later future of our hunting, state by state.

Unleaded, just like 1975. Plus side,,, they hit Hard! not much wt. loss. Compare throwing an avocado, to a brick- at sheet of glass , that's the comparison to the cup core pills, to lead free.

If these can achieve the accuracy level that I get from the GMX's in lighter trim, or very close--- mission accomplished.

Hornady finally made up a 110 GMX for the smaller 30 cals. It's a comin kids...

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2015

I'm interested... Before you start trying to sell these, you do know you need an FFL 06, right?

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

For bullets? Can you cite that law please? This isn't loaded ammo.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Even ammunition is no issue as long as you aren't the manufacturer. Hardware stores, gas stations, gun clubs, all sell loaded ammunition without an FFL. Manufacturers of loaded ammunition must have an FFL.

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2015

From Berry's:

A class 6 FFL is required for you to manufacture bullets for sale, but as far as needing an FFL to sell bullets there is no federal law that requires it. On a state-by-state basis that is where their is a difference. Currently we will not sell bullets to a consumer in MA, we require an FFL because of a lawsuit that occurred when a large mail order company was taken to court by their AG. California passed a similar law that required a face-to-face transaction from an FFL dealer to a consumer. Thankfully that law was thrown out at the 11th hour do to the poor wording that was very ambiguous.

You would require a manufacturer of ammunition license, FFL type 06 to manufacture bullets for sale. Request an application package at: NLClicenseapplication@atf.gov. Provide your name and mailing address. If you comply with all the necessary requirements your application for a federal firearms license will be approved.
                I know it seems weird, but it's true. You have to have an FFL 06 to manufacture bullets for sale. Don't take my word for it, call the ATF and ask.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Good info. My manufacturer has the proper licensing.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Ragedracer1977
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    Good info. My manufacturer has the proper licensing.

Can't wait to try them out! Just rebarreled my grendel with a Lilja 319 profile barrel!

Comment

Working...
                    X